Old 15-03-2016, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lillys and E coli

The wife was in hospital 8 times last year with E-coli UTI going back
into hospital anything from 4 days to around 5 weeks after coming out.
Every time she had lilly flowers near her chair at home, the last time
we decided not to have lilies in the house as they seemed to be bringing
bad luck. so when she came out in early Dec. no more lollies, this time
it was 13 weeks before she was re admitted with the same infection.
Now I am wondering if this is pure coincidence or is there some link
between lilly flowers and the recurring E-coli infections, knowing that
lilly pollen is deadly to cats.
I'm not saying it has caused the infection but wonder if it is
aggravating the underlying residual problem.
Comments please.
David @ an overcast but rain free South Wales.
Old 15-03-2016, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 13:53:58 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

The wife was in hospital 8 times last year with E-coli UTI going back
into hospital anything from 4 days to around 5 weeks after coming out.
Every time she had lilly flowers near her chair at home, the last time
we decided not to have lilies in the house as they seemed to be bringing
bad luck. so when she came out in early Dec. no more lollies, this time
it was 13 weeks before she was re admitted with the same infection.
Now I am wondering if this is pure coincidence or is there some link
between lilly flowers and the recurring E-coli infections, knowing that
lilly pollen is deadly to cats.
I'm not saying it has caused the infection but wonder if it is
aggravating the underlying residual problem.
Comments please.
David @ an overcast but rain free South Wales.

Gardening seems a odd place to be discussing recurrent UTI but I'm an
expert. My expertise is as a victim! The last time I was in hospital
it was suggested that I had a suprapubic catheter. I haven't had a UTI
since. The suprapubic catheter only needs changing one every three
months.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Old 15-03-2016, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

The wife was in hospital 8 times last year with E-coli UTI going back
into hospital anything from 4 days to around 5 weeks after coming out.
Every time she had lilly flowers near her chair at home, the last time
we decided not to have lilies in the house as they seemed to be bringing
bad luck. so when she came out in early Dec. no more lollies, this time
it was 13 weeks before she was re admitted with the same infection.
Now I am wondering if this is pure coincidence or is there some link
between lilly flowers and the recurring E-coli infections, knowing that
lilly pollen is deadly to cats.
I'm not saying it has caused the infection but wonder if it is
aggravating the underlying residual problem

There's no connection between E-coli, and lily toxicity to cats.

Comments please.
David @ an overcast but rain free South Wales.

In women especially, a common cause of E-coli UTI, is transference of
Ecoli bacteria from their natural home in the gut, via anus and faeces
to the urethra (where pee comes out) and up the urethra to the bladder.

To reduce bacteria migration causing a UTI:

after urination, women (or their carer) should wipe the toilet paper
from front towards the back, never the other way round.

After defecation, they (or their carer) should wipe upwards from the
anus, never down.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1958794-overview

Janet.

WOW..did these lillys surface quick ~Roy~ Ponds 2 23-03-2005 03:59 PM
??¿¿ Lillys REBEL JOE Ponds 1 06-10-2004 04:15 PM
lillys trevor Ponds (alternative) 2 04-06-2004 09:02 PM
Getting rid of Calla Lillys Elisheva Bailey Gardening 17 09-02-2004 02:12 AM
Getting rid of Calla Lillys Elisheva Bailey Gardening 5 05-02-2004 07:14 PM