Old 06-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered User

Default clematis

have 3 clematis bijou to put in hanging basket any ideas what to put with them if anything
thanks
Old 07-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossie View Post
have 3 clematis bijou to put in hanging basket any ideas what to put with them if anything
thanks
thanks for all replies
Old 09-04-2016, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07-Apr-16 11:50 AM, mossie wrote:
mossie;1019103 Wrote:
have 3 clematis bijou to put in hanging basket any ideas what to put
with them if anything
thanks

thanks for all replies

Has no-one told you that you have to be a gang member to join in here?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2016 16:44, mossie wrote:

have 3 clematis bijou to put in hanging basket any ideas what to put
with them if anything
thanks

This is a lovely Clematis and, with three in a basket, I wonder you need
anything else at all, as you imply. If it were a permanent pot
planting, I might suggest an explosion of blue Muscari and Anenome
blanda in the deepest blue you can get. These two would look lovely
together (I have them together in my garden) and would give you good
blue colour earlier in the season when the clematis is not very active.
Again, in a pot, Perovskia atriplicifolia would make a good central
plant. To be honest, almost any basket is going to be full of root by
the time you've put three clematis in. A pot would be better.
It would help if you gave some indication of colour preference and
whether you want to compliment the Clematis's flowering season or extend
it. You will need a large basket if it must be a basket, as Clematis
have deep roots once established.
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London