Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Daffodils

At least here, in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire the daffodils
have excelled themselves. they are a picture everywhere and in gay
profusion. After a weird start they have come good!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:
At least here, in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire the daffodils
have excelled themselves. they are a picture everywhere and in gay
profusion. After a weird start they have come good!

I'm in Cheshire. My daffodils are all leaves, only a few flowers.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , messageboards@j-
towill.co.uk says...

At least here, in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire the daffodils
have excelled themselves. they are a picture everywhere and in gay
profusion. After a weird start they have come good!

Our's are fine, been good around the area for weeks, just a tad
late for St Davids day.

My neighbour's lawn has a mass of dafs on it - usually. This
year there is quite a lot of leaves and only one flower. He is
new, and last year I suspect he may have cut the lawn too early
to allow the dafs to set properly. Previous occupant used to
cut round the groups.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 06-04-2016, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/16 16:46, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Broadback wrote:
At least here, in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire the daffodils
have excelled themselves. they are a picture everywhere and in gay
profusion. After a weird start they have come good!

I'm in Cheshire. My daffodils are all leaves, only a few flowers.

Multiple banks of daffodils in north Bristol were in full flower in the
third week of February. As this was replicated only partially elsewhere
in the area, I'm wondering if they were an early-flowering variety.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2016 16:20, Broadback wrote:
At least here, in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire the daffodils
have excelled themselves. they are a picture everywhere and in gay
profusion. After a weird start they have come good!

I have 2 observations.

1 We have just spent a few days visiting family in the Minehead ares
and I was impressed in the displays of daffodils on the roadside banks
on the A39 between Minehead and Taunton with very few signs of the
flowers 'going over'

2 I live in Fareham (just outside Portsmouth ans have ab area which I
plantedc with clumps of daffodils of mixed varieties almost 20 years
ago. They have become established asnd this year began flowering before
Christmas. I have noted that this year the clumps have mostly flowered
with white varieties although there was a good mix of yellow and whites
originally. They ate planted in a bed which was not tyreated and I
have since found has a good layer of builders rubble a few inches below
the surface

Malcolm

Old 07-04-2016, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2016 16:20, Broadback wrote:
At least here, in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire the daffodils
have excelled themselves. they are a picture everywhere and in gay
profusion. After a weird start they have come good!

Lucky you.

We planted some all around the edge of a round flowerbed last year. On
one side they've come up; on the other they have mostly vanished, and
the couple that have appeared have no flowers.

Could it be the wet soil?

Andy

Bluebird Houses & Daffodils Poking up was: What to do.... *grin* [email protected] North Carolina 8 01-05-2003 06:46 PM
Daffodils drooping Mceezee Gardening 2 02-04-2003 02:32 AM
Daffodils Mceezee Gardening 4 19-03-2003 10:08 AM
Wimpy Daffodils :-( Bippy North Carolina 0 15-03-2003 09:44 PM
Daffodils Beachcomber United Kingdom 8 01-01-2003 05:30 AM