Old 05-05-2016, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flower Identity

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2zhyn3wcc...owers.jpg?dl=0

Just appeared in neighbour's lawn.

Anyone please?

Old 05-05-2016, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in England wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2zhyn3wcc...owers.jpg?dl=0

Just appeared in neighbour's lawn.

Anyone please?

Like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_filiformis

Old 05-05-2016, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:

AKA Speedwell. A common lawn weed (and elsewhere), at least it is in
my garden. (My lawn is _very_ common!)
http://tinyurl.com/zpf8jhn and http://tinyurl.com/h6avqnc

You can dig it up easily enough, though it's a never-ending task,
but it makes a perfectly good lawn plant if just ignored and mown
with the grass. Many people like lawns with a bit of variation
and colour.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 5 May 2016 13:30:08 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2zhyn3wcc...owers.jpg?dl=0

Just appeared in neighbour's lawn.

Anyone please?

Like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_filiformis

+1

AKA Speedwell. A common lawn weed (and elsewhere), at least it is in
my garden. (My lawn is _very_ common!)
http://tinyurl.com/zpf8jhn and http://tinyurl.com/h6avqnc

I'm lumbered with selfheal for some reason. Never been able to get rid
of it.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

I'm lumbered with selfheal for some reason. Never been able to get rid
of it.

It arrived a few years back with me. While I quite like it, it's a
different colour from grass (as speedwell is), so I decided to
remove it. It seems to be working, but it's not an easy task.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2zhyn3wcc...owers.jpg?dl=0

Just appeared in neighbour's lawn.

Anyone please?

Like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_filiformis

+1

AKA Speedwell. A common lawn weed (and elsewhere), at least it is in
my garden. (My lawn is _very_ common!)
http://tinyurl.com/zpf8jhn and http://tinyurl.com/h6avqnc

I'm lumbered with selfheal for some reason. Never been able to get rid
of it.

I introduced selfheal to one of my lawns. It's beautiful, as are the
cowslips and ragged-robin (also introduced by me) and the dandelion,
cat's ear, speedwell, lady's smock and clover which were all there when
I got here. Every year is different, which I like. This year the
cowslips are more scattered and there's somewhat more clover. Last year
the ragged-robin was more to the fore. A few years ago I introduced
yellow rattle, but this has since disappeared. If I can find another
local source of seed (the original source is no more) I may reintroduce
it. I'm hoping for a goodly spread of selfheal later in the summer. :-)
Old 07-05-2016, 12:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

[...]

Sounds like you've not much room left for any grass :-) By the sound of
things, you have a lovely cultivated wildflower lawn. Me, I just have
grass, and a patch of selfheal in the middle; which makes it more
noticeable, I suppose. I live on an estate, and I'm not brave enough to
be the only one that doesn't cut the grass :-)
Old 07-05-2016, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 05 May 2016 13:15:32 +0100, Judith in England
wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2zhyn3wcc...owers.jpg?dl=0

Just appeared in neighbour's lawn.

Anyone please?

Many thanks to all for their comments.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/05/2016 09:59, Hils wrote:
The cowslips are the awkward ones, as I don't like to mow them until
they've finished flowering, by which time the grass is quite long. The
other flowers don't mind so much being mowed. Spring isn't really spring
without cowslips though, and appearing where they will is part of their
thing.

I've given up, and I mow some of the cowslips.

But my wife is getting cross with me putting little sticks in to mark
the bee orchids. Must be over a dozen now.

Andy

Help to identity a flower? Lickity Splickets Gardening 3 19-02-2005 09:04 AM
offer:flower pot,Products including Ceramic Flower Pot,Imitate Porcelain Flower Pot,Wood Flower Pot,Stone Flower Pot,Imitate Stone Flower Pot,Hanging Flower Pot,Flower Pot Wall Hanging,Bonsai Pots,Root Carving&Hydroponics Pots [email protected] Texas 0 07-09-2004 07:55 PM
Anyone know flower identity? AD Orchids 4 16-03-2004 05:29 AM
Anyone know flower identity? AD Roses 2 15-03-2004 12:18 PM
intro & identity of flower question Lynda Gardening 1 07-07-2003 03:56 PM