Old 16-05-2016, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strangest thing you have done in the garden?

What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.
Old 16-05-2016, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/05/16 19:11, Judith in England wrote:
What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

Well, strictly speaking /you/ weren't doing anything. You were
unconsciously moving and found yourself in the garden. Now if, of your
own volition, you'd taken a cigar and cup of tea into the garden well,
that would be strange.

Unless, of course, you were Bill Clinton in another existence...

--

Jeff
Old 16-05-2016, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in England wrote:
What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not
gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night
sitting at the garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one
hand and cup of tea in the other.

The cycling group needs you.

Old 17-05-2016, 03:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 16 May 2016 18:11:50 +0000 (UTC), Judith in England
wrote:

What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

LOL. I'd love to know the story behind that one

I can't think of much particularly strange that I've done in the
garden... I have buried money for safekeeping though.
Old 17-05-2016, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in England" wrote

What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening
necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night
sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in
the other.

Well I did fall in our 3,000 gal pond one winter and came up covered in
slime, once I climbed out (not easy) Sue refused to let me in the house
dripping wet slime so I had to strip off out on the patio.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 17-05-2016, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in England wrote:
What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

Someone told me that urine can be used as a fertiliser, so I regularly
'applied' some to the same patch of lawn for a few weeks. I can state
that it made no difference at all.
Old 17-05-2016, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

LOL. I'd love to know the story behind that one

I can't think of much particularly strange that I've done in the
garden... I have buried money for safekeeping though.

I buried a key, and was never able to find it again.
Old 17-05-2016, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 17 May 2016 09:48:48 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

Judith in England wrote:
What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

Someone told me that urine can be used as a fertiliser, so I regularly
'applied' some to the same patch of lawn for a few weeks. I can state
that it made no difference at all.

Urine contains the breakdown products of proteins, mostly meat, in the
form of urea, CO(NH2)2, rich in nitrogen. In fact urea is sometimes
used as a source of nitrogen in fertilisers in place of ammonium
sulphate or nitrate. I would have expected you to see some benefit,
but perhaps you're a vegetarian?

Nope. Maybe something else is wrong with it. Too much beer, perhaps?

When I was a child we had a bitch who always peed on the lawn. Her
urine was very strong and it burnt the grass, leaving brown circular
patches of dead grass up to 12 inches in diameter. But when the grass
eventually re-grew, it was much more vigorous than the surrounding
stuff, and we had bright green tufts everywhere. Eventually my mother
would rush out with a watering can when she saw the bitch peeing on
the lawn, to dilute and wash away the urine.

I knew about bitch urine, and have seen similar patches in my own
garden, no doubt from the neighbours' dogs. At least it doesn't stick
to your shoes.

Old 17-05-2016, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

wrote:

What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

LOL. I'd love to know the story behind that one

I can't think of much particularly strange that I've done in the
garden... I have buried money for safekeeping though.

You're only saying that so we'll come and dig your potato patch:-)

Janet
Old 17-05-2016, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Judith in England wrote:
[...]

:-) We still have a "memorial green lawn patch" from a dog who's
been dead two years. It's the lawn-spot closest to the back door,where
she peed every morning for twelve years as soon as the back door opened.

Janet.

Old 17-05-2016, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

Judith in England wrote:
[...]

Perhaps I should resume my, um, 'experiments'?
Old 17-05-2016, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Judith in England wrote:
[...]

Male dogs cause the same problem if they stand in one place and dont
cock their legs, rather regret training ours to pee that way!

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 18-05-2016, 04:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

LOL. I'd love to know the story behind that one

I can't think of much particularly strange that I've done in the
garden... I have buried money for safekeeping though.

I buried a key, and was never able to find it again.

I buried some cannabis once and never found it again
Old 18-05-2016, 04:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

wrote:

What is the strangest thing you have done in the garden (not gardening necessarily)?

I once woke up in the middle of the garden in the middle of the night sitting at the
garden table. I was totally naked with cigar in one hand and cup of tea in the other.

LOL. I'd love to know the story behind that one

I can't think of much particularly strange that I've done in the
garden... I have buried money for safekeeping though.

You're only saying that so we'll come and dig your potato patch:-)

Hah! What a great idea, I should try that one on some of my neighbours

Old 18-05-2016, 04:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 17 May 2016 11:46:42 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

When I was a child we had a bitch who always peed on the lawn. Her
urine was very strong and it burnt the grass, leaving brown circular
patches of dead grass up to 12 inches in diameter. But when the grass
eventually re-grew, it was much more vigorous than the surrounding
stuff, and we had bright green tufts everywhere.

That reminds me of a practice I've seen done locally - rather than use
herbicide to kill off grass/weeds in a paddock, overdose the paddock
with NPK fertiliser which will kill off just about anything growing.
In a few months time, re-sow the paddock with new seed and away it
goes better than ever.