Old 08-06-2016, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ID tree please

Hope this is not off-topic as it is roadside, could you send me to an appropriate group if so.
I have scoured many woodland websites trying to id a group of small trees planted roadside by the local council (many years ago).
Though not visible the trunk is dark chocolate colour mainly and smooth.
http://rog.pynguins.com/article/item/tree
Myself and the local farmer would be grateful if you could throw some light on these.
Rog
Old 08-06-2016, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/06/16 23:08, PuttPutt wrote:
Hope this is not off-topic as it is roadside, could you send me to an appropriate group if so.
I have scoured many woodland websites trying to id a group of small trees planted roadside by the local council (many years ago).
Though not visible the trunk is dark chocolate colour mainly and smooth.
http://rog.pynguins.com/article/item/tree
Myself and the local farmer would be grateful if you could throw some light on these.
Rog

Sorbus aria "Lutescens"?
(Whitebeam)

--

Jeff
Old 08-06-2016, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 7:21:56 AM UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 07/06/16 23:08, PuttPutt wrote:
Hope this is not off-topic as it is roadside, could you send me to an appropriate group if so.
I have scoured many woodland websites trying to id a group of small trees planted roadside by the local council (many years ago).
Though not visible the trunk is dark chocolate colour mainly and smooth.
http://rog.pynguins.com/article/item/tree
Myself and the local farmer would be grateful if you could throw some light on these.
Rog

Sorbus aria "Lutescens"?
(Whitebeam)

--

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, silver leaf in the spring only seems to be the part I did not see!
Rog