Old 10-06-2016, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Liquid lug killer?

Anyone know if there is a reason for this being hard to get hold of at
present? I only use a small amount, a bottle usually last 5 years or so
so its been a while since I bought any.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 10-06-2016, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/06/16 08:50, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know if there is a reason for this being hard to get hold of at
present? I only use a small amount, a bottle usually last 5 years or so
so its been a while since I bought any.

Got problems with your ears, Charlie? ;-)

--

Jeff
Old 10-06-2016, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/06/16 08:50, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know if there is a reason for this being hard to get hold of at
present? I only use a small amount, a bottle usually last 5 years or so
so its been a while since I bought any.

If you mean Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer Concentrate 400ml I got
some only a few weeks ago, although I had to go to a few different
garden centres and shops before I found any.

--

Jeff
Old 10-06-2016, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 10/06/16 08:50, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know if there is a reason for this being hard to get hold of
at present? I only use a small amount, a bottle usually last 5 years
or so so its been a while since I bought any.

If you mean Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer Concentrate 400ml I got
some only a few weeks ago, although I had to go to a few different
garden centres and shops before I found any.

Given that the B is so far away from the L on a qwerty, I think he meant
'liquid slug killer'.

I'm assuming almost all bug killer is liquid

Old 10-06-2016, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/06/16 17:09, Phil L wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 10/06/16 08:50, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know if there is a reason for this being hard to get hold of
at present? I only use a small amount, a bottle usually last 5 years
or so so its been a while since I bought any.

If you mean Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer Concentrate 400ml I got
some only a few weeks ago, although I had to go to a few different
garden centres and shops before I found any.

Given that the B is so far away from the L on a qwerty, I think he meant
'liquid slug killer'.

I'm assuming almost all bug killer is liquid

I hadn't considered that! I had a look through the approved pesticides
list for metaldehyde at
https://secure.pesticides.gov.uk/garden/prodsearch.asp, but the only
liquid product is Scott's Slug Clear Liquid Concentrate. All the others
are pellets or bait. There is some on Amazon at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clear-Liqui.../dp/B003P8TLSQ
but it's not exactly cheap!

--

Jeff

Old 11-06-2016, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/06/2016 09:55, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:10:49 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 10/06/16 08:50, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know if there is a reason for this being hard to get hold of at
present? I only use a small amount, a bottle usually last 5 years or so
so its been a while since I bought any.

Got problems with your ears, Charlie? ;-)

LOL

Didn't get the Joke and it took 10 mins of staring at the screen to spot
the typo - oh the joys of dyslexia!

Old 11-06-2016, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Liquid Slug killer?

On 10/06/2016 19:33, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 10/06/16 17:09, Phil L wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

I have now heard that the active ingredient (which I am not going to
attempt to spell!) has not had its licence renewed in Europe. It was
Murphy's/Scotts "Slug Clear" I was asking after.

I don't use them but I assume the standard blue pellets will quickly
follow suit.

Any views on nematodes?

I will use Aluminium sulphate solution for the spraying vertical surfaces
Old 11-06-2016, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/06/16 17:09, Phil L wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

I know methiocarb went a couple of years ago, but I didn't know
metaldehyde was on the way out. Are you sure about that?

I don't use them but I assume the standard blue pellets will quickly
follow suit.

Seems to me everything for the amateur is getting banned unless it's
"green".

Any views on nematodes?

External is preferable to internal... :-)

I've never used them. They have always seemed very expensive and a bit
too temperature dependent. Maybe others have had success.

I will use Aluminium sulphate solution for the spraying vertical surfaces

So you're Banksy! All unapproved pesticidal uses for chemicals are
frowned upon, of course, so you can't be using alum for that, can you?...

--

Jeff
Old 11-06-2016, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/06/16 17:09, Phil L wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

Why not, they put it in your drinking water to control snails! (which is
why we drink our own well water)In too large a dose like happened at
Camelford its nasty, but it is approved for use in organic growing so I
guess not against the rules to use it

Old 12-06-2016, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/06/2016 09:06, Jeff Layman wrote:

I've never used them. They have always seemed very expensive

grow your own
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...s-at-home.html

Serial killer captured and charged after 30 years of evading police in the number one small city in the USA- Killer confesses to many more killings Knowledge Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:41 PM
+liquid Moss Killer ?? John W Lawns 2 01-05-2007 10:40 PM
Weed Killer and Ant Killer that is dog friendly Sam Alexander Lawns 3 02-05-2006 10:56 PM
Carbon in filter: Really absorbs liquid fertilizers?? alex crouvier Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 03-03-2003 10:31 PM
Liquid Design on HGTV K30a Ponds 10 27-01-2003 05:07 AM