Old 24-07-2016, 12:27 AM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland
Unhappy Elaeagnus hedging leaves turning yellow

Hello My Elaeagnus hedge is a cause for concern. Some are strong and healthy others have yellowing leaves which fall off. What can I do to help it.

I also notice some of the leaves of my Cordyline yellowing.

I would really appreciate some advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Elaeagnus hedging leaves turning yellow-20160720_202932.jpg   Elaeagnus hedging leaves turning yellow-20160720_202914.jpg   Elaeagnus hedging leaves turning yellow-20160720_203836.jpg
Old 24-07-2016, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Elaeagnus hedging leaves turning yellow

On 24/07/2016 08:03, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:27:26 +0200, kerrygirl
wrote:

Hello My Elaeagnus hedge is a cause for concern. Some are strong and
healthy others have yellowing leaves which fall off. What can I do to
help it.

I also notice some of the leaves of my Cordyline yellowing.

I would really appreciate some advice.

|Filename: 20160720_202932.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16435|
|Filename: 20160720_202914.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16436|
|Filename: 20160720_203836.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16437|

They all look like old leaves, last year's or earlier. It's what old
leaves do. I can see that the Eleagnus has young shoots pushing
through the older growth, and those cordyline leaves will eventually
drop as the trunk grows upwards. Neither are anything to worry about.

I agree, perfectly normal, I normally pull off Cordyline leaves,
Eleagnus will sort itself out

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk