Old 01-01-2017, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Foam in wheelbarrow tyres then become flatproof ?

In article ,
says...

john.west wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

I reckon I could remove a wheelbarrow tyre, fix the puncture with a cycle
repair kit, and refit the wheel in under 10 minutes.

If you purchased a spare wheel so you could fix the punctured one at your
leisure, it would take only two minutes to swap them.

I can't imagine any wheelbarrow-related task that would suffer from a two
minute delay...

Chris

You are assuming that te wheelbarrow has been kept like a
bicycle, clean and under cover.

Most wheelbarrows live outside all year and probably see more
mud than water! Certainly when I looked at changeing the wheel
on mine (the tyre had rotted) it would have taken a lot of
effort to remove the rust and gunge around the wheel nuts
before even trying to undo them!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 01-01-2017, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 31/12/2016 12:20, Steve B wrote:
In article , says...

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

My barrow used to be very susceptible to puncture from thorns, but
hasn't needed attention for a few years since using a liquid goo
preparation that is used by cyclists. I can't remember the brand name,
but application is simple - remove valve, introduce goo, replace valve
and spin wheel to evenly distribute goo. Re-inflate, cup of tea, then
ready to go.

Steve

I to am a liquid goo fan, I also keep a couple of spare inner tubes and
a spare wheel because I find its the time to fix the wretched thing more
irratating than the actual puncture. I have to say that since son has
bought his own barrow and stopped borrowing mine the problem seems to
have dissapeared!

Charlie Pridham
Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 30/12/2016 14:02, john.west wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

It will just break and crumble every time you hit something with the tyre

using old tyres Broadback United Kingdom 1 27-02-2006 10:30 PM
Old tyres on allotment Zinc Potterman United Kingdom 20 24-02-2006 04:42 PM
Growing spuds in tyres Vicky United Kingdom 11 02-05-2004 06:09 PM
Wormery from tyres? picti United Kingdom 1 10-05-2003 04:20 PM
Growing potatoes in tyres Natalie United Kingdom 5 24-02-2003 02:42 PM