Old 31-12-2016, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy New Year

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay
Old 31-12-2016, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay

Oooh Err,

I did not know you were that old David!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 31-12-2016, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 12:03:40 +0000, Roger Tonkin wrote:

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay

Oooh Err,

I did not know you were that old David!

Well, he did say he was a 'fogy'
Old 31-12-2016, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a better
year than 1016 has been.

Yes, Hapey New Year to all.

As you say David I do hope it starts better than 2016 ended for us. Only got
out of Hospital on Christmas Day, unfortunately, with a nasty chest
infection I picked up whilst in there.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 31-12-2016, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/16 15:38, BobHobden wrote:
"David Hill" wrote

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a better
year than 1016 has been.

Yes, Hapey New Year to all.

As you say David I do hope it starts better than 2016 ended for us. Only got
out of Hospital on Christmas Day, unfortunately, with a nasty chest
infection I picked up whilst in there.

Then you'd better remember Rule No1 and 2:
1. Don't get old.
2. Don't get ill.

Sadly, can't do much about either!

Happy New Year to all.

--

Jeff

Old 31-12-2016, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 14:13:06 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 06:04:55 -0600, Ermin Trude
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 12:03:40 +0000, Roger Tonkin wrote:

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay

Oooh Err,

I did not know you were that old David!

Well, he did say he was a 'fogy'

ITYM fogey, which he didn't say he was,

Not explicitly, I agree but he does imply it when he says he's '@ a
*fogy* side of Swansea Bay' (Yes, I *know* its a typo)
Old 31-12-2016, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2016 12:03, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay

Oooh Err,

I did not know you were that old David!

Well I'm surprised that so many can get messages from my old computer,
and I have said I came from Hastings many years ago.though I never meet
up with Harold or William (or Viking Billy as we knew him).
Could be I'm trying to forget 2016 as my wife died on the 20th of Dec,
and I'm still trying to come to terms with the loss.
So I really mean it when I hope for a better new year,
Taffy
Old 31-12-2016, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2016 17:52, David Hill wrote:
Could be I'm trying to forget 2016 as my wife died on the 20th of Dec,
and I'm still trying to come to terms with the loss.

My wife's mother died on the 7th.

My wife spent Christmas morning staring into a bucket (from 1am).

Let's hope next year is better than this.

Happy New Year everyone.

Andy
Old 01-01-2017, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

On 31/12/2016 12:03, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay

Oooh Err,

I did not know you were that old David!

Well I'm surprised that so many can get messages from my old computer,
and I have said I came from Hastings many years ago.though I never meet
up with Harold or William (or Viking Billy as we knew him).
Could be I'm trying to forget 2016 as my wife died on the 20th of Dec,
and I'm still trying to come to terms with the loss.
So I really mean it when I hope for a better new year,
Taffy

Sorry that you have lost your wife. I lost mine last Easter and can
appreciate how you must be feeling.
One good thing I can say for 2016 is that the Israelis seem to have
cracked the problem of desalination on a large scale.
Let's hope that 2017 is a better year.

Steve

much missing the head gardener who has moved onto a much bigger and
better garden.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Not been here for many years, but sorry to hear of your personal losses, and hope the beautiful flowers in your gardens in 2017 remind you of your losses.
Peace to all, and here's to a better year, as your loved ones would wish.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 17:52:01 David Hill wrote:

Could be I'm trying to forget 2016 as my wife died on the 20th of Dec,
and I'm still trying to come to terms with the loss.

I'm another who can empathise with you, David, as I lost my wife very
suddenly fifteen months ago. I found that keeping busy was the best way
of coping with the loss.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts.

David

Old 01-01-2017, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 17:52:01 +0000, David Hill wrote:

Well I'm surprised that so many can get messages from my old computer,
and I have said I came from Hastings many years ago.though I never meet
up with Harold or William (or Viking Billy as we knew him).

Could be I'm trying to forget 2016 as my wife died on the 20th of Dec,
and I'm still trying to come to terms with the loss.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please try and remember all the good
times you have shared with her, cry a lot and talk a lot with friends who
have known her.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

On 31/12/2016 12:03, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay

Oooh Err,

I did not know you were that old David!

Well I'm surprised that so many can get messages from my old computer,
and I have said I came from Hastings many years ago.though I never meet
up with Harold or William (or Viking Billy as we knew him).
Could be I'm trying to forget 2016 as my wife died on the 20th of Dec,
and I'm still trying to come to terms with the loss.
So I really mean it when I hope for a better new year,
Taffy

David,

So sorry to hear your sad news, we will pray for you. I hope my
slightly inocent jest and the plethora of replies has not
caused you more concern, but at least many people have sharde
their sympathies with you.

God Bless you

Roger

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 01-01-2017, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/2017 17:32, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

[...]

Thanks everyone plenty to do sorting things.
Roger, I should have read it back before posting, esp the date.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2016 17:52, David Hill wrote:
On 31/12/2016 12:03, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year, and let's hope it's a
better year than 1016 has been.
David @ a fogy side of Swansea Bay

Oooh Err,

I did not know you were that old David!

Well I'm surprised that so many can get messages from my old computer,
and I have said I came from Hastings many years ago.though I never meet
up with Harold or William (or Viking Billy as we knew him).
Could be I'm trying to forget 2016 as my wife died on the 20th of Dec,
and I'm still trying to come to terms with the loss.
So I really mean it when I hope for a better new year,
Taffy

Oh David! I'm so very sorry to hear your news. I knew from your posts
that your wife had been ill for some time, but it must still be the most
horrendous shock for you. Take care of yourself and don't try and do
too much too soon. With deepest sympathy from myself and RG.
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London

happy, happy, happy David Hare-Scott[_2_] Australia 1 12-01-2010 06:32 AM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday... Reka Orchids 4 05-04-2003 11:32 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR Natalie United Kingdom 3 01-01-2003 09:51 PM
Happy New Year to one and all Steve United Kingdom 2 01-01-2003 12:09 PM
Happy New Year to all Geodyne Permaculture 6 27-12-2002 02:47 AM