Old 20-03-2017, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden in France

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:20:56 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

You mean you want somebody else's ideas for *your* garden? There are
many mistakes you can make of a practical kind, such as putting
rhododendrons on chalky soil, sun-loving plants on a north-facing wall,
or a pond under deciduous trees, etc, but these aren't design matters.

If I want a good laugh I always look at the "inspired" gardens at
Chelsea and Hampton Court. Well, they certainly make me take a deep
breath just before a long sigh...

I often wonder what they would like after a year when the shine has
gone of the materials,the mirrors have all got splattered with dirty
rain, the water features contaminated with duckweed and the decking
covered with bird poo.
That is the reality of many gardens and you don't need a fancy
designer to achieve that.

G.Harman
Old 20-03-2017, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , volt23.1344f679
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...
I tried to plane my own garden one time, but in result it was compleatly
lame, becouse lack of exp, so u better try to call some pro's in that
case. Casual amateurs tips will not make u garden of ur dream)

Nonsense.

You should get out and see more gardens. There are countless wonderful
and famous domestic gardens open to the public, planned and made by
their "casual amateur" owners.

Janet.

Old 21-03-2017, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/03/17 18:59, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:49:53 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article , volt23.1344f679
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...
I tried to plane my own garden one time, but in result it was compleatly
lame, becouse lack of exp, so u better try to call some pro's in that
case. Casual amateurs tips will not make u garden of ur dream)

Nonsense.

You should get out and see more gardens. There are countless wonderful
and famous domestic gardens open to the public, planned and made by
their "casual amateur" owners.

Janet.

His efforts at gardening were probably as bad as his spelling :-)

I didn't realise until I looked at the header that it's a "gardenbanter"
post. That's all we need to know...

Haven't seen one of those here for a while.

--

Jeff
Old 21-03-2017, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
On 20/03/17 18:59, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:49:53 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article , volt23.1344f679
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...
I tried to plane my own garden one time, but in result it was compleatly
lame, becouse lack of exp, so u better try to call some pro's in that
case. Casual amateurs tips will not make u garden of ur dream)

Nonsense.

You should get out and see more gardens. There are countless wonderful
and famous domestic gardens open to the public, planned and made by
their "casual amateur" owners.

Janet.

His efforts at gardening were probably as bad as his spelling :-)

I didn't realise until I looked at the header that it's a
"gardenbanter" post. That's all we need to know...

That was uncalled for. :-(

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France