Burning Allotment Wood to make tea

Old 20-03-2017, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Burning Allotment Wood to make tea

I wish to boil up water to make cups of tea on my quiet corner of the
Allotment. I want to be using the bits of wood which always seems to be
available around the place.
There seem to be a number of ways to go about it: a fire-pit, home made
rocket stoves (see youtube) but these seem complicated and liable to be
stolen and Chimenea; again the possibility of being stolen since they
are quite expensive.
Grateful for any effective and simple solutions.

Old 20-03-2017, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/03/2017 10:38, john.west wrote:
I wish to boil up water to make cups of tea on my quiet corner of the
Allotment. I want to be using the bits of wood which always seems to be
available around the place.
There seem to be a number of ways to go about it: a fire-pit, home made
rocket stoves (see youtube) but these seem complicated and liable to be
stolen and Chimenea; again the possibility of being stolen since they
are quite expensive.
Grateful for any effective and simple solutions.

Think simple

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87us2bu96s...anger.jpg?dl=0

Mike
Old 20-03-2017, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
john.west wrote:
I wish to boil up water to make cups of tea on my quiet corner of the
Allotment. I want to be using the bits of wood which always seems to be
available around the place.
There seem to be a number of ways to go about it: a fire-pit, home made
rocket stoves (see youtube) but these seem complicated and liable to be
stolen and Chimenea; again the possibility of being stolen since they
are quite expensive.
Grateful for any effective and simple solutions.

Look up Kelly Kettle. They (under the name of Thermette, though avoid
that actual brand, according to reports) are very popular in New
Zealand. I have just bought one, and it works as described. You
may need to cut and split the wood into smallish bits.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 20-03-2017, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on April 3, 2017.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:38:28 +0000, "john.west"
wrote:

I wish to boil up water to make cups of tea on my quiet corner of the
Allotment. I want to be using the bits of wood which always seems to be
available around the place.
There seem to be a number of ways to go about it: a fire-pit, home made
rocket stoves (see youtube) but these seem complicated and liable to be
stolen and Chimenea; again the possibility of being stolen since they
are quite expensive.
Grateful for any effective and simple solutions.

These very simple home-made rocket stoves are assembled from a few
bricks. If you dismantle them when you leave the allotment and make
them look like edging bricks or whatever, who's going to pinch them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r66jjYdBmg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmDYUrVHPWc

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales