Plastic flowerpots

Old 31-03-2017, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plastic flowerpots

In article , says...

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 01:46:03 +0100, Yellow wrote:

They are frost resistant, not frost proof.

Those words are used interchangeably. My watch is "100m water
resistant". It's waterproof.

Oh, really? Are you sure that the m doesn't stand for milliseconds,
and it is the time it can be underwater before it starts to let in
water? Everyone I know of who has had an accident that tested the
waterproofness seriously has found that it wasn't ....

Mine is also described as water resistant to 100m. I haven't tested
it to that depth, but I never take it off when I swim bath shower wash
up use a hosepipe etc and it's always been completely waterproof in
those conditions.

Janet.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writes
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:56:42 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

What is it with people using tacky plastic flowerpots in their gardens?
Plastic pots are what you take the plant home in from B&Q. Haven't
these people heard of glazed clay?

Oh no! Not here as well.

Aswell as?

As well as every other newsgroup where people can't resist entering into
endless "If you say neether, then I'll say nyether" arguments with you.
--
Ian
Old 08-04-2017, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 08:40:31 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writes
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:56:42 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

What is it with people using tacky plastic flowerpots in their gardens?
Plastic pots are what you take the plant home in from B&Q. Haven't
these people heard of glazed clay?

Oh no! Not here as well.

Aswell as?

As well as every other newsgroup where people can't resist entering into
endless "If you say neether, then I'll say nyether" arguments with you.

It's nyether. Neether is the kind of stupid thing an American would say, like stoopid.

--
The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writes
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:56:42 +0100, Muddymike
What is it with people using tacky plastic flowerpots in their
gardens? Plastic pots are what you take the plant home in from
B&Q. Haven't these people heard of glazed clay?

Oh no! Not here as well.

Aswell as?

As well as every other newsgroup where people can't resist entering
into endless "If you say neether, then I'll say nyether" arguments
with you.

Ian, best you don't feed the psychopath.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Ian, best you don't feed the psychopath.

Nah. He's not that. He's just potty.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.