Old 23-04-2017, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seed(?) ID

I've been finding these on the patio for the last few days. I don't know
where they are from. Any idea as to what they are? The one at the top
has had the pink coat removed. I had assumed they were seeds, but maybe
they are some type of bulblet.

https://s29.postimg.org/ccxwq8pzr/Seed.jpg

--

Jeff
Old 24-04-2017, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
I've been finding these on the patio for the last few days. I don't know
where they are from. Any idea as to what they are? The one at the top
has had the pink coat removed. I had assumed they were seeds, but maybe
they are some type of bulblet.

https://s29.postimg.org/ccxwq8pzr/Seed.jpg

More likely the latter, I think - but I haven't a clue what.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-04-2017, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/04/2017 22:35, Jeff Layman wrote:
I've been finding these on the patio for the last few days. I don't know
where they are from. Any idea as to what they are? The one at the top
has had the pink coat removed. I had assumed they were seeds, but maybe
they are some type of bulblet.

https://s29.postimg.org/ccxwq8pzr/Seed.jpg

Try opening one up, I think they may be buds being knocked or stripped
off something nearby

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall
Old 27-04-2017, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/04/17 10:44, Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 23/04/2017 22:35, Jeff Layman wrote:
I've been finding these on the patio for the last few days. I don't know
where they are from. Any idea as to what they are? The one at the top
has had the pink coat removed. I had assumed they were seeds, but maybe
they are some type of bulblet.

https://s29.postimg.org/ccxwq8pzr/Seed.jpg

Try opening one up, I think they may be buds being knocked or stripped
off something nearby

Dunno. The only things above the patio are a Wisteria (just starting to
flower), and a Clematis armandii (finished flowering a few weeks ago).
Neither has any buds like the things I found. The birds seem to leave
them alone - I'd have thought they might see them as food.

If I remember, I'll bring some to Longstock. You can have a look there!

--

Jeff
Old 27-04-2017, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/04/2017 08:14, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 24/04/17 10:44, Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 23/04/2017 22:35, Jeff Layman wrote:
I've been finding these on the patio for the last few days. I don't know
where they are from. Any idea as to what they are? The one at the top
has had the pink coat removed. I had assumed they were seeds, but maybe
they are some type of bulblet.

https://s29.postimg.org/ccxwq8pzr/Seed.jpg

Try opening one up, I think they may be buds being knocked or stripped
off something nearby

Dunno. The only things above the patio are a Wisteria (just starting to
flower), and a Clematis armandii (finished flowering a few weeks ago).
Neither has any buds like the things I found. The birds seem to leave
them alone - I'd have thought they might see them as food.

If I remember, I'll bring some to Longstock. You can have a look there!

I know what they look like loads of them here too!, I just assumed they
had blown off some tree or other, after your post I took a look around
and apple flower buds at the earliest development seem the closest fit,
although its not under the apple trees where I seem them, like you they
seem to collect in areas where there is no logical explanation.

See you at Longstock on Monday

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall