Old 10-07-2018, 01:39 PM
WonderlawnLTD's Avatar
Registered User

Location: UK
Cool How many of you have or have considered artificial grass?

Hello everyone. I'm Mark. I've just joined an artificial grass company and I'm looking to get real gardeners thoughts on artificial grass.

1. Would you ever consider having artificial grass installed in your own garden?

I don't want to sell you anything. I'm just wanting to get some feedback on the general feel of artificial grass in the gardening community. Do you think it's that awful sharp butchers stuff from the 70s, or think it's a useful tool for situations where a grass lawn is not appropriate or even impossible to grown?

Any feedback would be great!

Many thanks
Old 10-07-2018, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How many of you have or have considered artificial grass?

WonderlawnLTD wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm Mark. I've just joined an artificial grass company
and I'm looking to get real gardeners thoughts on artificial grass.

1. Would you ever consider having artificial grass installed in your own
garden?

I don't want to sell you anything. I'm just wanting to get some feedback
on the general feel of artificial grass in the gardening community. Do
you think it's that awful sharp butchers stuff from the 70s, or think
it's a useful tool for situations where a grass lawn is not appropriate
or even impossible to grown?

Any feedback would be great!

Many thanks

Someone close to us has had it done in the front garden. It could do
with not being highlighter green in colour :-) Still, it's the only
green space in the area, right now.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

WonderlawnLTD wrote:

I'm just wanting to get some feedback
on the general feel of artificial grass in the gardening community.

Someone close to us has had it done in the front garden.Â* It could do
with not being highlighter green in colour

I fitted my own in the front garden (back garden still waiting for some
raised sleeper beds) very glad I did due to not having time to look
after a proper lawn. I bought a good quality grass that has some brown
tufts in it rather than being all green, if there was some that looked
"less perfect" I would probably go for it, some moss does break up the
uniform colour after a few years ...
Old 10-07-2018, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Andy Burns wrote:
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

WonderlawnLTD wrote:

I'm just wanting to get some feedback
on the general feel of artificial grass in the gardening community.

Someone close to us has had it done in the front garden.Â* It could do
with not being highlighter green in colour

I fitted my own in the front garden (back garden still waiting for some
raised sleeper beds) very glad I did due to not having time to look
after a proper lawn.Â* I bought a good quality grass that has some brown
tufts in it rather than being all green, if there was some that looked
"less perfect" I would probably go for it, some moss does break up the
uniform colour after a few years ...

The one near us probably cost a fair bit. It took a couple of blokes
the best part of a week digging out a space beneath it, fitting a hard
bed, and a sort of grid to lay it all on to. And so the rainwater must
drain somewhere, too. But if there had been a range of surfaces
available, I'm quite sure they went for the least natural-looking one
they could find.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David wrote:

looked good except for the couch grass growing through it

Mine has MOT1 whackered, sand whackered, weed membrane then the turf
nailed down, weeds don't get much of a foothold and are easy to pull
out, maybe 2-3 times a year.

Moss that falls from the roof does tend to grow, easy to kill with iron
sulphate, but then it turns black and doesn't rot away - every couple of
years I give it a good scrape with a dog rake.