Old 09-03-2019, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Worms

I opened the lid of my dalek composter yesterday, and clubbed
together inside the lid were about a hundred thin reddish worms
ad a couple of slugs! Other worms were scattered around the
edges and trying to crawl down the outside!

Never noticed this before and just wondering why they were
there? I shook them all back into the heap.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

---
https://www.avg.com

Old 09-03-2019, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Roger Tonkin writes
I opened the lid of my dalek composter yesterday, and clubbed
together inside the lid were about a hundred thin reddish worms
ad a couple of slugs! Other worms were scattered around the
edges and trying to crawl down the outside!

Never noticed this before and just wondering why they were
there? I shook them all back into the heap.

I also often find that quite a lot of worms seem to be trying escape
from the sex orgy inside. Could it be that they are totally exhausted,
and need a bit of a rest?
--
Ian
Old 10-03-2019, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Roger Tonkin wrote:
I opened the lid of my dalek composter yesterday, and clubbed
together inside the lid were about a hundred thin reddish worms
ad a couple of slugs! Other worms were scattered around the
edges and trying to crawl down the outside!

Never noticed this before and just wondering why they were
there? I shook them all back into the heap.

Ours is always like that. Maybe not this early in the year, though. It
makes me worry that as I put the lid back on, I'm going to slice most of
them in half, so I end up spending a while shaking them all off.