Old 14-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered User

Default Viburnum tinus

I have a very overgrown viburnum tinus and wish to prune quite heavily. Will pruning now cause any serious damage to the shrub?
Old 14-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsweb View Post
I have a very overgrown viburnum tinus and wish to prune quite heavily. Will pruning now cause any serious damage to the shrub?
I don't think evergreen viburnums should be pruned until late Spring. Having said that, I hacked back a lonicera today, so who am I to tell you what to do?
Old 14-11-2008, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Edsweb contains these words:

I have a very overgrown viburnum tinus and wish to prune quite heavily.
Will pruning now cause any serious damage to the shrub?

No.

We had thickets of it in the garden when I was an anklebiter, and some
of it was razed to stumps, from which it regenerated vigorously.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 14-11-2008, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Edsweb wrote:
I have a very overgrown viburnum tinus and wish to prune quite heavily.
Will pruning now cause any serious damage to the shrub?

We cut one down to 6 inches a few months back and it is now shooting
from the stub

Malcolm