Half dead prune tree, how to save the living part???

Old 18-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Thomas Lindberg

Default Half dead prune tree, how to save the living part???

I have a half dead prune tree, I want to keep the living part as long as
possibly.
The trunk branches in two, one of the remaining trunk branches is dead, the
other not yet.
There once was three branches but the kids broke it of years ago.
Where they 'happened to breake' the branch the trunk is decayed, looks like
sawdust.

Which is the best way to possibly get some prunes this year too:
- remove the dead branch thereby preventing whatever desease that killed it
of the kil the rest?
- leave it as dead and thereby not 'disturb' the still living part?

Up here in mid-Sweden the prune trees has barely begun to blossom, if the
state of the tree has any influence on teh answer.

TIA

Thomas

Old 18-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Anthony E Anson

The message
from "Thomas Lindberg" contains these words:

I have a half dead prune tree, I want to keep the living part as long as
possibly.
The trunk branches in two, one of the remaining trunk branches is dead, the
other not yet.
There once was three branches but the kids broke it of years ago.
Where they 'happened to breake' the branch the trunk is decayed, looks like
sawdust.

Which is the best way to possibly get some prunes this year too:
- remove the dead branch thereby preventing whatever desease that killed it
of the kil the rest?
- leave it as dead and thereby not 'disturb' the still living part?

Up here in mid-Sweden the prune trees has barely begun to blossom, if the
state of the tree has any influence on teh answer.

It will not matter if you cut off the dead wood, but some plum trees (a
prune is a dried plum) do not like being pruned, and sometimes will not
fruit for a year or two afterwards.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi
Old 19-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Thomas Lindberg

Anthony,

thanks for the response and thanks for the correction of my English.
Without correction one will not improve!

thomas

Old 19-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Anthony E Anson

The message
from "Thomas Lindberg" contains these words:

thanks for the response and thanks for the correction of my English.
Without correction one will not improve!

I hope you manage to keep the remainder of the tree. It might help to
seal the cut dead wood.

Someone here is bound to know the best thing to do it with.