Old 15-07-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered User

Default Can someone help me to identify this plant ?

I have recently bought a new house and this plant is in the back garden. I have no idea what it is and the recent hot weather looks to be taking its toll on and it is now wilting quite a lot. Any ideas ?
Attached Thumbnails
Can someone help me to identify this plant ?-dcp_07151.jpg
Old 15-07-2003, 08:47 PM
Serena Blanchflower

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:40:36 GMT, craighiggins
wrote:

I have recently bought a new house and this plant is in the back garden.
I have no idea what it is and the recent hot weather looks to be taking
its toll on and it is now wilting quite a lot. Any ideas ?

Looks like a Fatsia Japonica.

--
Cheers, Serena

Sometimes I sits and thinks ... and sometimes I just sits. (Punch cartoon)
Old 15-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Registered User

Thank you Serena. Strange that the moment I check back on the forum, I glanced out of the conservatory window and the plant is now looking a lot healthier, all the leaves have now turned back up and the plant is standing tall again. (See attached)

It must really be suffering in the direct sunlight that is in the garden for the best part of the day.

Now I have a name I can attempt to care for it !

Thanks again

Craig
Attached Thumbnails
Can someone help me to identify this plant ?-dcp_07171.jpg
Old 15-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Andy

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:33:17 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
wrote:

I have recently bought a new house and this plant is in the back garden.
I have no idea what it is and the recent hot weather looks to be taking
its toll on and it is now wilting quite a lot. Any ideas ?

Looks like a Fatsia Japonica.

It is a Fatsia. Usually grown as houseplants they're fine outside in
the UK but MUST be grown in shade. They're hardy if given frost
protection in severe winters.

Andy