Moving shrubs now?

Old 03-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Manic Blue

Default Moving shrubs now?

I want to move some verigaeted holly bushes (which have been in the
same spot for over 5 years) and a ceanothus (Italian Skies) from my
back garden into my front? Would the plants survive this or would I
be wasting my time?

Many thanks.

Manic Blue
Old 04-09-2003, 10:22 AM
DaveDay34

I want to move some verigaeted holly bushes (which have been in the
same spot for over 5 years) and a ceanothus (Italian Skies) from my
back garden into my front? Would the plants survive this or would I
be wasting my time?

Many thanks.

Manic Blue

Your Hollies will benefit from potting on as long as you don't disturb the
roots too much, and water the pots once you've potted on. Anything you need to
dig up to move should be left till winter (dormant) time.

Dave.

Moving a tree - advice sought John Bartley I solved my XP problems w/ Service P Gardening 7 07-11-2004 12:10 AM
2 questions re big shrubs & trees in containers Annabel United Kingdom 4 05-04-2003 02:08 AM
Moving from the US to Canada Anton Nijhuis Bonsai 0 02-03-2003 02:27 AM
Moving Roses. Warwick United Kingdom 1 23-11-2002 04:50 PM
Relocate Shrubs Mijo FONTFREDE United Kingdom 2 19-10-2002 05:07 PM