Old 02-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Phil & Diane Martin

Default tomatoes

Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions

Old 02-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered User

Location: London

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil & Diane Martin
Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions
compost them
Old 02-09-2003, 09:24 PM
shazzbat

"martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:01:02 GMT, "Phil & Diane Martin"
wrote:

Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more

chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions

throw them at politicians?

Long range recommended if throwing at Prescott. Fortunately he's a big
enough target.

Steve

Old 02-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Jason Pope

wrote:

Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more

chutney!!!!!!!!!!

any suggestions

throw them at politicians?

Long range recommended if throwing at Prescott. Fortunately he's a big
enough target.

Steve

Yep I'd agree with that, the punches the guy throws might hurt a little
more than a tomato!

cheers

Jason

Old 02-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Colin Malsingh

wrote:

Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions

- Gazpacho soup
- Cut in half and dry in the oven
- Remove any remaining small ones on the plants so what's left
has a chance of ripening better.
- Prepare for all the things you can do with Green Tomatoes!!
- More chutney
- Green tomato curry
- Green Tomato crumble (with bacon - delicious)

Colin
-----
(Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)
Old 02-09-2003, 11:46 PM

Throw them at yourself -

YOU grew them and now YOU blame politicians -

JEEEEEEEZE -
the British public are 100 times worse than the British politicians
!!!!!!!

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:07:40 +0100, "shazzbat" wrote:

.. .

Old 03-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Peter Coddington

"Phil & Diane Martin" wrote in message
Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more

chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions

Hi

I have read all the idiot replies.. Like you I have had an a very
heavy crop this year of Shirley tomatoes. I do not like them after
they have been frozen. Chutney perhaps later with the green ones.We
have made some very tasty tomatoe soup from a recipe picked up from
this newsgroup.
Make more soup, winter is upon us. Should we plant fewer plants next
year.?

Old 03-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

"Peter Coddington" peter (No wrote in
message ...

"Phil & Diane Martin" wrote in message
Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more

chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions

Hi

I have read all the idiot replies.. Like you I have had an a very
heavy crop this year of Shirley tomatoes. I do not like them after
they have been frozen. Chutney perhaps later with the green ones.We
have made some very tasty tomatoe soup from a recipe picked up from
this newsgroup.
Make more soup, winter is upon us. Should we plant fewer plants next
year.?

But what will you then do with the glut of whatever which you will grow in
the spaces left by the missing tomatoes?

Franz

Old 03-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

"Phil & Diane Martin" wrote in message
Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more

chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions

Start a compost bin.
Amateur vegetable growers frequently suffer from overproduction

Franz

Old 03-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

wrote in message
Throw them at yourself -

YOU grew them and now YOU blame politicians -

JEEEEEEEZE -
the British public are 100 times worse than the British politicians
!!!!!!!

If you had not top posted I would have known what you were talking about.
And if you had not mangled the headers I would have known who you were
responding to.

Franz

Old 03-09-2003, 03:42 PM
J Jackson

Phil & Diane Martin wrote:
: Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
: soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more chutney!!!!!!!!!!
: any suggestions

bottle them, either whole or chopped.

Old 03-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Peter Coddington

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 12:49:20 +0100, (sw) wrote:

If they've got good flavour, make tomato ketchup. I'm going to have

*buy* tomatoes to make more :-/

Recipe please Sarah!

Pam in Bristol

Also