Old 15-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Graham Anstey

Default Mesh produce bag suppliers

Does anyone know of any suppliers of the mesh bags used for storing
onions, carrots and other vegetables? I want to use them for bagging
up firewood logs and kindling. I've tried every search I can think of
on the net and not come up with anything. I don't want a huge number,
a hundred or so would be ample.

I'm based in Wiltshire, but an online supplier would be fine.

TIA
Graham
--
Any views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer
Old 15-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Pam Morris

"Graham Anstey" wrote in message

Does anyone know of any suppliers of the mesh bags used for storing
onions, carrots and other vegetables?

snipped an online supplier would be fine.

TIA
Graham
--
Any views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer

Check out vegetable seed providers such as Morgan and Thompson. I'm sure
I've seen these in thier latest catalogue. www.thompson-morgan.com

Pam.

Old 15-09-2003, 09:43 PM
David Hill

http://www.kayshorticulture.com/

probably easiest to phone them

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 15-09-2003, 10:04 PM
David Hill

Kays page 3
http://www.kayshorticulture.com/catalogue_frame1.htm

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 16-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Graham Anstey contains these words:

Does anyone know of any suppliers of the mesh bags used for storing
onions, carrots and other vegetables? I want to use them for bagging
up firewood logs and kindling. I've tried every search I can think of
on the net and not come up with anything. I don't want a huge number,
a hundred or so would be ample.

Your local supermarket(s) will probably be only too pleased for you to
relieve them of as many as you want.

--
Rusty Hinge
No m'lud, it wasn't a sneg. My joints creak.

Old 17-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Graham Anstey

Thanks for all the replies so far. I'll investigate them when I have a
bit more time.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:22:31 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

Your local supermarket(s) will probably be only too pleased for you to
relieve them of as many as you want.

Already tried that. All of their veg either comes prepacked in plastic
bags, or in cardboard boxes with a plastic liner.

Regards
Graham
--
Any views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer
Old 17-09-2003, 11:14 AM
jane

~
wrote:
~
~Your local supermarket(s) will probably be only too pleased for you to
~relieve them of as many as you want.
~
~Already tried that. All of their veg either comes prepacked in plastic
~bags, or in cardboard boxes with a plastic liner.
~
I think Marshall's sells onion bags and hessian potato sacks. Not sure
where you can scrounge some from, though. Try garden centres -
daffodils are in at the moment and a lot of the "loose leaf" ones come
in those sacks.

--
jane

Mark Twain

To Bag- or not to bag? Jos. Wheeler Lawns 25 10-04-2006 11:10 AM
Fixing mesh to fence Mark Allison United Kingdom 3 15-05-2004 06:07 PM
To bag or not to bag 2 Gene Moon Lawns 1 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
To Bag or Not to Bag Gene Moon Lawns 3 09-06-2003 03:08 PM
Bio filter mesh SNITT99302 Ponds 9 18-02-2003 07:27 AM