Old 07-11-2003, 08:03 PM

Default acer 'palmatum' loosing all its leaves

Hi,

I have 2 japanese maples both of wich are loosing all their leaves. Is
this ok or should i be worried and need to take some action.

Thanks

Old 08-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Peter Crosland

Affluent gardeners across the pond may discard old leaves like last
year's horticultural fashion accessory, but we in the north intemperate
zone say wisely to each other "waste not, want not" and "its never too
late to turn over an old leaf". One can easily re-attach fallen leaves
with a dod of superglue. A squirt of spray paint extends the "autumn
hues" display and swiftly converts it to "signs of spring" when one
tires of waiting.

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More please Janet.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:43 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:32:14 GMT, Janet Baraclough wrote:

Affluent gardeners across the pond may discard old leaves like last
year's horticultural fashion accessory, but we in the north intemperate
zone say wisely to each other "waste not, want not" and "its never too
late to turn over an old leaf". One can easily re-attach fallen leaves
with a dod of superglue. A squirt of spray paint extends the "autumn
hues" display and swiftly converts it to "signs of spring" when one
tires of waiting.

You one funny woman!

But you labour under a misapprehension or two.

A, I'm not affluent, at least not since I retired a couple of
years ago. Not hurting, mind you, but hardly "affluent". Send
money.

B, I don't discard old leaves. They are sedulously raked up and
turned into compost. As you say, waste not, want not.

But you are right about the veiled accusation that it's too late
for me to turn over a new leaf. I remain unrepentantly attached
to the errors of my ways; progress be damned!

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 09-11-2003, 07:05 PM

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 23:41:03 GMT,
(Rodger Whitlock) wrote:
Thank you all very much for your assistance.
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:52:42 +0000, wrote:

I have 2 japanese maples both of wich are loosing all their leaves. Is
this ok or should i be worried and need to take some action.

Don't be silly. Of course, they lose their leaves in the fall!
They are deciduous trees native to the north temperate zone.