Old 24-01-2004, 08:05 PM
stuart_tawn3

Default parasene parafin heaters

I am having problems with my mothers parasene heaters. Basicly the
wicks are difficult or impossible to wind up and down. I have tried
trimming the widths of the wicks and fitting brand new wicks but
nothing seems to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to a way to get over these
problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Stuart
Old 24-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Troy

stuart_tawn3 wrote:

I am having problems with my mothers parasene heaters. Basicly the
wicks are difficult or impossible to wind up and down. I have tried
trimming the widths of the wicks and fitting brand new wicks but
nothing seems to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to a way to get over these
problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Which model?

I had a similar problem with the parasene "Super Warm 10".
--
Regards,

Trøy the Black Lab.
Old 25-01-2004, 09:42 AM
stuart_tawn3

Troy wrote in message ...
stuart_tawn3 wrote:

I am having problems with my mothers parasene heaters. Basicly the
wicks are difficult or impossible to wind up and down. I have tried
trimming the widths of the wicks and fitting brand new wicks but
nothing seems to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to a way to get over these
problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Which model?

I had a similar problem with the parasene "Super Warm 10".

Unfortunately I do not know the model numbers, but they both have a
round tank about 125mm high and 300mm in diameter. One heater has two
vertical heater eliments and a cross convector between the two and the
other has one vertical eliment with a up side down half round
convector on the top that pivots. None of the heaters have any brass
fittings on them.

I dont know why all of a sudden this has started to happen. The wicks
from what I can see are not of a dense enough material and the turning
cogs on the heater are not getting a grip. Are there some alternative
25mm approx wicks available?

Cheers stuart
Old 26-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Troy

stuart_tawn3 wrote:

Unfortunately I do not know the model numbers, but they both have a
round tank about 125mm high and 300mm in diameter. One heater has two
vertical heater eliments and a cross convector between the two and the
other has one vertical eliment with a up side down half round
convector on the top that pivots. None of the heaters have any brass
fittings on them.

Your heaters don't seem to be the same as the one I had a problem with -
sorry. I can only suggest (just guessing) a build up of carbon might be
causing the problem. Not sure but perhaps new wick units might be
available?

Sorry I can't be of more help.
--
Regards,