Cleaning Greenhouse

Old 14-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Bill

Default Cleaning Greenhouse

Can anyone recommend a glass cleaner that will clean between the overlaps on
my Greenhouse. The garden centre nearby have large areas of glass and all
are spotless so how do they do it?
My Greenhouse is only two years old so wanted to keep it something like new.

Old 14-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Lyndon

Hi Bill
i use a pressure washer to clean mine at the start of the season, it works
well for me and there are no chemicals involved.
Lyndon

Old 14-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Bill" contains these words:

Can anyone recommend a glass cleaner that will clean between the overlaps on
my Greenhouse. The garden centre nearby have large areas of glass and all
are spotless so how do they do it?
My Greenhouse is only two years old so wanted to keep it something like new.

I used washing up liquid diluted in water, applied with a soft-bristle
hand brush, the kind that comes with a dustpan. For the outside high
parts of the roof, I used a vileda floor mop. When you've
scrubbed/washed over everything, rinse down with a hosepipe jet.

Janet

Old 14-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Mike Lyle

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a glass cleaner that will clean between the overlaps on
my Greenhouse. The garden centre nearby have large areas of glass and all
are spotless so how do they do it?
My Greenhouse is only two years old so wanted to keep it something like new.

I'd ask the garden centre people what they use. Vinegar's a good glass
cleaner, though, if plain water doesn't do the trick, and I imagine
its residues might discourage algae for a while. Some greengrocers
sell gallons of "non-brewed condiment" (as used in fish-and-chip shops
to give the authentic foul flavour: I used it for my pickled onions
one cash-strapped year, and regretted it) very cheaply.

Mike.
Old 16-04-2004, 01:34 PM
John

Mike.
I cut a strip off a plastic Washing up Liquid bottle - in the
shape of a small pallet knife - slip the 'blade' into the gap between
window panes, and using a costant flow of water from a hose. jiggle it
back and fro. It's a bitt fiddly, but it does work reasonable welll.

Apart from the occasional finger top loss, it's an answer of sorts.

John
=================================

On 14 Apr 2004 12:50:09 -0700, (Mike Lyle)
wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a glass cleaner that will clean between the overlaps on
my Greenhouse. The garden centre nearby have large areas of glass and all
are spotless so how do they do it?
My Greenhouse is only two years old so wanted to keep it something like new.

I'd ask the garden centre people what they use. Vinegar's a good glass
cleaner, though, if plain water doesn't do the trick, and I imagine
its residues might discourage algae for a while. Some greengrocers
sell gallons of "non-brewed condiment" (as used in fish-and-chip shops
to give the authentic foul flavour: I used it for my pickled onions
one cash-strapped year, and regretted it) very cheaply.

Mike.

Too much fertilizer makes vegetables poisonous? Tony Edible Gardening 8 26-10-2003 01:12 AM
Cleaning greenhouse Dave Orchids 8 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
greenhouse door snafu steve United Kingdom 1 31-10-2002 11:56 PM
My greenhouse moved! Paul D.Smith United Kingdom 17 30-10-2002 11:06 PM
Greenhouse heating... Mike Deblis United Kingdom 4 17-10-2002 06:17 PM