Old 05-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Foxes (cats too!)

David wrote in message after me

Whilst Foxes aren't dangerous in themselves they will catch various

animals
and bring them back into your garden, so, like our allotments, you will

have
the pleasure of half eaten rats, entrails, assorted bits of meat, etc
adorning your garden. They will also defecate around and they never bury

it
like most cats do so

Oh look another cat thread:-) "like most cats do" Bob you are either
uninformed or misinformed

Neither! It's my personal experience of my own cats over the years and a
proportion of the 27 in the Swan Sanctuary that use our allotments.
My experience is that it is only a small proportion of cats, mainly alpha
males, that don't bury their faeces, unfortunately these are also the type
of cats that wander into others gardens.
I've yet to see a female cat not bury her business.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars

Old 06-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Wed, 5 May 2004 15:09:46 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

I've yet to see a female cat not bury her business.

Heh! My old tortoiseshell "Missy" (1975-1995) used to take her
dumps in the middle of the neighbor's front lawn across the
street and then march away with nary a glance behind her.

She was a strange one, but became very pathetic in old age as
arthritis and bowel dysfunction set in.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 06-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Olly

wrote:

adorning your garden. They will also defecate around and they never bury

it
like most cats do so

Oh look another cat thread:-) "like most cats do" Bob you are either
uninformed or misinformed

My experience is that it is only a small proportion of cats, mainly alpha
males, that don't bury their faeces, unfortunately these are also the type
of cats that wander into others gardens.
I've yet to see a female cat not bury her business.

Or semi bury them so you don't see itand have the delight of treading
on it or getting it all over the lawnmower ... Nice !