Old 11-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Are my tomatoes too late?

"Lee BARRASS" wrote in message
A while back I planted a number of variaties of tomatoes but they are only
just starting to germinate (anout 1cm tall).

Did I plant them too late and are they going to be to underdeveloped to
realistically used? Should I persevere or pop to the market on Friday and
buy a load from there?

For the greenhouse they are rather late but you will get an OK crop anyway
although they will start cropping late, for outside whilst also late they
will be alright as you can't put them out until the chance of frost has gone
(after Chelsea) and you don't want them too leggy or the wind will get them.

Try to get a heated propagator for next year, they really speed up
germination.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....

Hope you like them.

How late is too late? ZeroWing North Carolina 3 20-06-2005 12:24 AM
How late is too late? FBCS Ponds 12 29-08-2003 01:04 AM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too lois Lawns 0 27-08-2003 03:24 AM
too late to prune tomatoes ?? James Bass Gardening 4 09-08-2003 08:02 AM