Old 27-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Douglas

Default What UK product removes clover?

I have some large clover patches on my lawn that i want to get rid of.
this wouldnt be a problem but it grows a lot quicker than the grass
and looks horrible when the clover is 2 inches high and the grass is
still short.
I was in B&Q but I couldnt find any product that was specific for
removing clover. I bought some lawn feed stuff that removes weeds but
i dont think it will do the biz on the clover.
Any suggestions

Ta

Doug
Old 27-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Les &/or Claire

Douglas wrote:
I have some large clover patches on my lawn that i want to get rid of.
this wouldnt be a problem but it grows a lot quicker than the grass
and looks horrible when the clover is 2 inches high and the grass is
still short.
I was in B&Q but I couldnt find any product that was specific for
removing clover. I bought some lawn feed stuff that removes weeds but
i dont think it will do the biz on the clover.
Any suggestions

Ta

Doug

We were just admiring the clover flowers that carpet our lawn, and the
several different types of bumble bees that feed upon it. Beautiful!

Les

--
http://www.stuffmongers.com

"Homo sapiens, the first truly free species, is about to decommission
natural selection, the force that made us.... Soon we must look deep
within ourselves and decide what we wish to become." Edward O. Wilson
Consilience, The Unity of Knowledge

Remove frontal lobes to reply from a NG

Old 27-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Martin Heames

"Douglas" wrote in message
om...
I have some large clover patches on my lawn that i want to get rid of.
this wouldnt be a problem but it grows a lot quicker than the grass
and looks horrible when the clover is 2 inches high and the grass is
still short.
I was in B&Q but I couldnt find any product that was specific for
removing clover. I bought some lawn feed stuff that removes weeds but
i dont think it will do the biz on the clover.
Any suggestions

Ta

Doug

There is a product called clovertox available to the industry but I am not
sure if it is available retail.

Martin
www.thegardenspider.com

Old 27-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Robert

"Douglas" wrote in message
om...
: I have some large clover patches on my lawn that i want to get rid of.
: this wouldnt be a problem but it grows a lot quicker than the grass
: and looks horrible when the clover is 2 inches high and the grass is
: still short.
: I was in B&Q but I couldnt find any product that was specific for
: removing clover. I bought some lawn feed stuff that removes weeds but
: i dont think it will do the biz on the clover.
: Any suggestions
:
: Ta
:
: Doug

in my opinion the clover would be far more attractive than anything else in
the lawn so I would say leave well alone and enjoy it

Old 28-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Dermuid

"Douglas" wrote in message
om...
: I have some large clover patches on my lawn that i want to get rid of.
: this wouldnt be a problem but it grows a lot quicker than the grass
: and looks horrible when the clover is 2 inches high and the grass is
: still short.
: I was in B&Q but I couldnt find any product that was specific for
: removing clover. I bought some lawn feed stuff that removes weeds but
: i dont think it will do the biz on the clover.
: Any suggestions
:

Aerate the clover patch and throw a bit of multi purpose or lawn dressing
stuff on it, bung a few grass seeds down and it will so disappear.

Old 28-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Emrys Davies

'Douglas',

Verdone Extra is what you need. It is very effective on white clover.
You can also buy it for spot treatment. That is what I use and it
certainly does not damage the other grass in any way.

http://www.scottsukonline.com/produc...l/verdone.html

http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/acat...d_Killers.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.