Hedge growth inhibitor

Old 07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Richard C

Default Hedge growth inhibitor

Can you still buy this stuff? I'm fed up of trimming my privet and
laylandii hedges. It was sold as "Cutlass" but I can't find it
anywhere. Has it been banned by the EU along with many other garden
chemicals. The active ingredient is dikegulac sodium.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:03 PM
nambucca

"Richard C" wrote in message
om...
Can you still buy this stuff? I'm fed up of trimming my privet and
laylandii hedges. It was sold as "Cutlass" but I can't find it
anywhere. Has it been banned by the EU along with many other garden
chemicals. The active ingredient is dikegulac sodium.

Simple solution ........dont have hedges especially Leylandii then you wont
have the fag of cutting them

Old 08-07-2004, 12:07 AM
ned

"nambucca" wrote in message

"Richard C" wrote in message
om...
Can you still buy this stuff? I'm fed up of trimming my privet and
laylandii hedges. It was sold as "Cutlass" but I can't find it
anywhere. Has it been banned by the EU along with many other

garden
chemicals. The active ingredient is dikegulac sodium.

Simple solution ........dont have hedges especially Leylandii then

you wont
have the fag of cutting them

........ "don't have hedges" ? Alternatives? Fences or walls. But then
we will have to 'grow' something over them. Oh! Like ivy? ;-))

........ Why "especially Leylandii" ?
Our privet grows much, much more quickly than the leylandii.

Haven't heard much about 'growth inhibitors' recently. Either out of
fashion, or legislated out, I guess.

--
ned
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk

Old 08-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Amber Ormerod

"ned" wrote in message ...

"nambucca" wrote in message

"Richard C" wrote in message
om...
Can you still buy this stuff? I'm fed up of trimming my privet and
laylandii hedges. It was sold as "Cutlass" but I can't find it
anywhere. Has it been banned by the EU along with many other

garden
chemicals. The active ingredient is dikegulac sodium.

Simple solution ........dont have hedges especially Leylandii then

you wont
have the fag of cutting them

....... "don't have hedges" ? Alternatives? Fences or walls. But then
we will have to 'grow' something over them. Oh! Like ivy? ;-))

....... Why "especially Leylandii" ?
Our privet grows much, much more quickly than the leylandii.

Haven't heard much about 'growth inhibitors' recently. Either out of
fashion, or legislated out, I guess.

--

the stuff you want is Scotts' Cutlass but its on the banned lists for at
least one council (just a quick search) so I presume all.

Old 08-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Richard C

"nambucca" wrote in message ...
"Richard C" wrote in message
om...
Can you still buy this stuff? I'm fed up of trimming my privet and
laylandii hedges. It was sold as "Cutlass" but I can't find it
anywhere. Has it been banned by the EU along with many other garden
chemicals. The active ingredient is dikegulac sodium.

Simple solution ........dont have hedges especially Leylandii then you wont
have the fag of cutting them

Agreed - but they were there when I bought the house and it would be
one hell of a job to revove them now.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by paulinenatural
I rang the company this morning as I have been looking for more supplies, they said they do not make it anymore as it was too expensive to make for the amount of sales
Look on ebay type in cutlass in search bar it will come up with a new product called Hedge-Rest it costs 11.50 plus postage it is worth a try
Old 05-06-2006, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Janet Baraclough writes:

| Is it quite natural to post advice to yourself?

Yes. Whether it is sane or not is another matter entirely.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 13-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Can you still buy this stuff? I'm fed up of trimming my privet and
laylandii hedges. It was sold as "Cutlass" but I can't find it
anywhere. Has it been banned by the EU along with many other garden
chemicals. The active ingredient is dikegulac sodium.
I read it stopped manufacture because it cost too much to have it pass eu test regulations etc. I've got one bottle of cutlass left,I bought 4 when I read it was not to be around much longer.125ml sorts my privet to one cut in may,neighbours privet 3 cuts so I'm looking for an alternative.