Foot shaped stepping stones

Old 16-08-2004, 09:56 PM

Default Foot shaped stepping stones

Hi

A bit of a long shot, but I've looked just about everywhere.

Does anybody know where I can get stepping stones in the shape of a foot in the UK? Failing that, a footprint shaped concrete mould would do.

Any helpful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 17-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Tony Halmarack

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:56:29 +0100, James5577
wrote:

Hi

A bit of a long shot, but I've looked just about everywhere.

Does anybody know where I can get stepping stones in the shape of a
foot in the UK? Failing that, a footprint shaped concrete mould would
do.

Any helpful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As I already bought an angle grinder for paving and other purposes I'd
cut them from the least expensive slabs that the sheds sell.
Curves can be formed by a multiple of angled cuts. Then again, a very
artistic interpretation of a foot shape could be achieved with the
minimum of cutting. A template can speed the job up considerably.
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Old 17-08-2004, 04:55 PM
JennyC

"James5577" wrote in message

Hi

A bit of a long shot, but I've looked just about everywhere.

Does anybody know where I can get stepping stones in the shape of a
foot in the UK? Failing that, a footprint shaped concrete mould would
do.

Any helpful would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks James5577

Make your own mould...........cut a wooden block to shape and create a plaster
cast from that. You might even be able to your polystyrene to make the shape....

Jenny

Old 19-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Pam Moore

wrote:

Hi

A bit of a long shot, but I've looked just about everywhere.

Does anybody know where I can get stepping stones in the shape of a
foot in the UK? Failing that, a footprint shaped concrete mould would
do.

Any helpful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As I already bought an angle grinder for paving and other purposes I'd
cut them from the least expensive slabs that the sheds sell.
Curves can be formed by a multiple of angled cuts. Then again, a very
artistic interpretation of a foot shape could be achieved with the
minimum of cutting. A template can speed the job up considerably.

I heard or read a tip from Bob Flowerdew. If you want stepping stones
in turf, cut the shapes you want out of the turf, where you want them,
and fill with some sort of concrete mix.

Pam in Bristol