Old 02-05-2003, 12:08 PM
cross

Default Rosa "Alister Stella Gray"

As the saying goes; "You pays your money and you makes your
choice"...........

so this was mine for climbing over the new pergola, hope it's a good one
;-)

Does anyone have any experience of this rose?
So far I have only been able to find nice things written about it, good
repeat flowering especially. It's described as "eggy yellow" fading to
cream, mmm..... perhaps it was the food connection that helped with the
choice ;~)

Marina

Old 04-05-2003, 10:20 AM
SusieThompson

In message , cross
writes

No, but heard it recommended on GQT by, I think, Roy Lancaster.

I've had Alistair Stella Grey in two gardens now. Both times we've
really loved it - perfect tiny buttonhole rosebuds, lovely colour and
good scent. We're building a new home/garden here on Arran this year,
and it's one rose that I'm going to plant - yet again. I love it and
it's an old friend that I'd be sorry to be without.
--
Susie Thompson, Isle of Arran
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to
Old 08-05-2003, 10:56 PM
cross

SusieThompson wrote in message I've had Alistair
Stella Grey in two gardens now. Both times we've
really loved it - perfect tiny buttonhole rosebuds, lovely colour and
good scent. We're building a new home/garden here on Arran this year,
and it's one rose that I'm going to plant - yet again. I love it and
it's an old friend that I'd be sorry to be without.
--

Thanks to all for the replies. It seems like a good choice ;-)

Marina

Alister Stella Gray climbing rose Dave Poole United Kingdom 7 26-07-2004 01:03 PM
Alistern Stella Gray climbing rose John Edgar United Kingdom 6 25-07-2004 09:59 PM
"Stella " Cherries. Serendipity United Kingdom 5 09-05-2003 01:08 AM
Deadhead Rosa "Old Blush"? Steve Roses 2 19-04-2003 10:56 PM
Stella Cherry in a pot Little Badger United Kingdom 2 26-03-2003 12:32 AM