Old 28-09-2002, 12:36 PM
Jeffery

Default Clematis Montana

Every three or four years I cut my Montana hard back. The new growth is
remarkable but you must do it immediately after flowering.

Best of luck with yours.
"Nap" wrote in message
I can see no reason why this should not work. I have seen a Montana hedge
but believe it was planted that way

Nap

"Mike Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
I am very fortunate to have a Montana Pink Perfection growing in my

garden
and has been doing so for the last 12 years. Every year it has an

abundance
of flowers, however it's sheer size is now becoming a bit of a problem.

How
and when should I prune this to make it neater through the non-flowering
period.
I think maybe like trimming it "a-la hedge style" would do the trick,

that
would certainly be the easiest, but would it be the best?
Mike

--
Remove "nospam." to reply