Old 11-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Alan

Default Fruit trees + vegetable seeds

Can anyone help? I live in central London and I'm about to start a
complete overhaul of my garden, which will involve the planting and
training of lots of fruit trees (apples, pears, grapes, figs, peaches,
plums, etc.) along a very long brick wall.

I'll also be turning part of my garden into a fairly big vegetable
plot so will want to order some seeds + seedlings too.

It's a few years since I've done much fruit & veg gardening so I'm out
of touch with who the best suppliers are. Any recommendations?
Preferably with online catalogues & ordering.

(I seem to remember Deacons on the Isle of Wight being good but they
don't appear to have a website worthy of the name)

Thanks,

AS.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:16 PM
anton

"Alan" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone help? I live in central London and I'm about to start a
complete overhaul of my garden, which will involve the planting and
training of lots of fruit trees (apples, pears, grapes, figs, peaches,
plums, etc.) along a very long brick wall.

I'll also be turning part of my garden into a fairly big vegetable
plot so will want to order some seeds + seedlings too.

It's a few years since I've done much fruit & veg gardening so I'm out
of touch with who the best suppliers are. Any recommendations?
Preferably with online catalogues & ordering.

(I seem to remember Deacons on the Isle of Wight being good but they
don't appear to have a website worthy of the name)

For fruit:
Most switched-on for online stuff is buckingham nurseries:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/

obscure fruit like figs I suggest:
http://www.readsnursery.co.uk/

also worthwhile:
www.brogdale.org.uk/
http://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk/

have fun. If these haven't got what you want post again.
--
Anton

Old 12-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Tim Tyler

anton wrote or quoted:
"Alan" wrote in message

Can anyone help? I live in central London and I'm about to start a
complete overhaul of my garden, which will involve the planting and
training of lots of fruit trees (apples, pears, grapes, figs, peaches,
plums, etc.) along a very long brick wall. [...]

For fruit:
Most switched-on for online stuff is buckingham nurseries:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/

obscure fruit like figs I suggest:
http://www.readsnursery.co.uk/

also worthwhile: