Old 29-09-2002, 08:26 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Fruit Tree

"Andrew Wells" wrote in message
"DaveDay34" wrote in message
Quince will almost definitely be possible, but I'm no expert when it

comes
peaches. Is the wall a garden wall, or the wall of a house (presumably

yours).
The only reason I ask is that heat from a wall that is part of a house

may
give added protection as heat lost through the wall from a house will

almost
definitely give more protection.

It's a garage wall. It's some 50' - 60' from the house, and the garage
isn't used for a car, so there's no heat from that source.

You don't say whether you want to eat the fruit, but I guess that's the

idea,
or you wouldn't specifically want a fruit tree. Have you considered

Figs?
They taste wonderful fresh off the tree, and nothing like the dried.

Yes, we do want to eat the fruit. We hadn't really considered a Fig, but
it's certainly an idea ...

If you want to eat the fruit, I would forget about quince, it's one of the
most bitter fruits there is, you can really only use it cooked with a lot of
sugar.

Alan

Thanks

Andrew
--
Andrew Wells
Replace nospam with my first name to reach me