Old 29-09-2002, 07:47 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Slugs in the house?

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Bill P" wrote in message
I know this is not a garden Question, but you may be able to help.
My daughter is having problems with little black slugs in the kitchen.
Anyone know how to rid?

Late night visits with the salt cellar!

I've wondered about making up a salt solution (in water) and spraying

areas
and plants affected with that.

I have a feeling that spraying plants with a salt solution will not do the
plant
any good and may kill it!

Alan

Anyone tried it?

--
Brian
"There is no point knocking yerself out, working all sorts of silly hours

Old 30-09-2002, 07:17 AM
JennyC

"Bill P" wrote in message
I know this is not a garden Question, but you may be able to

help.
My daughter is having problems with little black slugs in the

kitchen.
Anyone know how to rid?

Late night visits with the salt cellar!

I've wondered about making up a salt solution (in water) and

spraying areas
and plants affected with that.
Anyone tried it?

Yes - in my very first garden when I was 18........I had some lovely
French beans coming up which were being decimated by slugs, so I went
out and sprinkled salt on the ground and the plants.Two days later
they were totally dead - both the slugs and the bean plants!

Jenny

Slugs in House Skinty Lawns 3 22-09-2008 02:09 AM
Slugs in my house - how to get rid? Mike United Kingdom 7 17-08-2004 11:55 PM
Slugs or no slugs Kate Morgan United Kingdom 9 04-04-2003 02:20 PM