Old 27-11-2002, 06:59 PM
Jaffacake

Default Recs for shrubs? shaded, clay soil...

Can anyone help with some plant/shrub recommendations?

Ideally I would like some evergreen shrubs, no more than 2foot spread, any
height - but I'm open to all suggestions...

The area is fully shaded though the light is not too bad, protected by house
walls and 5' fence, little wind. Soil has a lot of clay, so holds water...
pH7.2... ermmm, is that it!!

Thank you!
Lisa

Old 27-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Steve Harris

FAQus Vulgaris :-)

See http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm

Old 28-11-2002, 01:21 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:59:13 -0000, "Jaffacake"
wrote:

Can anyone help with some plant/shrub recommendations?

Ideally I would like some evergreen shrubs, no more than 2foot spread, any
height - but I'm open to all suggestions...

The area is fully shaded though the light is not too bad, protected by house
walls and 5' fence, little wind. Soil has a lot of clay, so holds water...
pH7.2... ermmm, is that it!!

Daphne laureola. A weed, admittedly, but a good plant in the
right place.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Shrubs for heavy clay Shooks Gardening 0 09-04-2013 12:27 PM
clay soil shrubs bernard hunt Gardening 2 21-02-2011 07:59 PM
plant pot soil add sand to the clay soil ? ghbt United Kingdom 6 21-03-2005 08:12 AM
Clay Clay and More Clay BTInternet News United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 10:32 PM
Any Wormery recs? Jaffacake United Kingdom 0 19-10-2002 08:59 PM