Old 02-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Tom Atkinson

Default Grass cutting

cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

Old 02-02-2005, 05:30 PM
pied piper

"Tom Atkinson" wrote in message
cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

and?

Old 02-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Martin Brown

Sacha wrote:

On 2/2/05 5:19 pm, in article , "Tom
Atkinson" wrote:

cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

Ours is more than overdue for it but the ground has been too wet - drying
out now, though. The grass hasn't stopped growing at all this winter.

Likewise. I was thinking of borrowing some goats... far too wet to use
the mower.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 02-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Sacha

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-02-2005, 06:15 PM
JennyC

wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:02:58 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 2/2/05 5:19 pm, in article , "Tom
Atkinson" wrote:

cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

Ours is more than overdue for it but the ground has been too wet - drying
out now, though. The grass hasn't stopped growing at all this winter.

First crocus in flower yesterday
Martin

I hate it when people do this but.........Me too :~))
Jenny

Old 02-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Sacha
writes
On 2/2/05 5:19 pm, in article , "Tom
Atkinson" wrote:

cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

Ours is more than overdue for it but the ground has been too wet - drying
out now, though. The grass hasn't stopped growing at all this winter.

Grass has never really stopped growing this winter here, apart from in
one or two short spells of hard weather. IIRC it will continue to grow
in temperatures above 39F/5C. A sharp rotary mower set to a light cut
will handle wettish grass if necessary.

We have outdoor wallflower blooms opening.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:02:58 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 2/2/05 5:19 pm, in article ,

"Tom
Atkinson" wrote:

cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

Ours is more than overdue for it but the ground has been too wet -

drying
out now, though. The grass hasn't stopped growing at all this

winter.

First crocus in flower yesterday

Some spcies crocuses (forgot which) just getting into flower high up
in Wensleydale.
Tomorrow I will have to go and see if any of my not perfectly hardy
herbaceous perennials need protection, as the forecast for the weekend
is for a real cold spell, including possible snow.

Franz

Old 02-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Kate Morgan

cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.

One of our neighbours did a first cut a week ago...I was looking at
ours today and thinking it certainly needs one :-(

Janet.

We cut ours about 10 days ago and again today, not the best cut in the
world but it had to be done.

kate
Old 03-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Tom Atkinson thomas@thom
asatkinson.wanadoo.co.uk writes
cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

I was surprised to find flowers on one of my Anisodontea capensis
yesterday. (Also on Anisodontea malvastroides, but that's indoors.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 03-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Tom Atkinson" wrote in message
cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

That implies you sometimes don't cut your grass in winter? All that happens
here is reducing from weekly to fortnightly cuts during December and January
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 03-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Sacha

On 3/2/05 8:57, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Tom Atkinson" wrote in message
cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

That implies you sometimes don't cut your grass in winter? All that happens
here is reducing from weekly to fortnightly cuts during December and January

Not for us, unfortunately. The grass certainly *needs* cutting all the
time but the lawns become so waterlogged that it's impossible, especially on
the 'big lawn' in front of the house. That is like a sponge and water rises
up from it, around your feet if you walk onto it. Later in the year when
it's dry, great fissures open up that, on occasion, a man can sink his arm
into.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Tom Atkinson

Normally give my last cut in November and then start again end of
February-here in northern ireland.
Tom Atkinson

Old 04-02-2005, 06:15 AM
JennyC

wrote
"JennyC" wrote:
wrote

Sacha wrote:
"Tom Atkinson" wrote:
cut my grass today-earliest yet-it was at least 3 inches long.
Tom Atkinson

Ours is more than overdue for it but the ground has been too wet - drying
out now, though. The grass hasn't stopped growing at all this winter.

First crocus in flower yesterday
Martin

I hate it when people do this but.........Me too :~))

Yellow?
Martin

AND white botanical ones :~))
Jenny

Old 05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
JennyC

wrote
wrote:
wrote
First crocus in flower yesterday
Martin

I hate it when people do this but.........Me too :~))

Yellow?

AND white botanical ones :~))

Show off!
Two yellows now, no whites or blues.
BUT you should see our roses!!!
goes to garden centre for EUR20 of bulbs in flower
Martin

Snowdrops are in full bloom too :~)
Jenny

Mower not cutting grass short enough tonygwyn Lawns 2 27-04-2009 10:08 AM
cutting grass yet? al United Kingdom 0 28-02-2004 03:56 PM
cutting back on cutting back Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 23-09-2003 12:04 AM
Grass cutting David King United Kingdom 8 22-04-2003 11:20 AM
When is grass cutting time? Melanie G United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 08:44 PM