Old 14-02-2005, 01:36 PM
David

Default Moving rose bushes

I have 40 established rose bushes which I will need to move. This is to
allow for a wall being removed and to make way for a hedge. For some of the
bushes I propose moving them by a couple of feet (probably about a dozen in
total) but for the rest I will be moving them to another part of my garden.
I know that moving them is risky, but I would like to try and save as many
as I can. What can I do to have the best chance of succeeding? Should I be
moving them at this time of the year?

regards,

David

Old 14-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Emrys Davies

'David',

Excellent advice here.

http://www.bmi.net/roseguy/moving.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 14-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Robert

"David" wrote in message
:I have 40 established rose bushes which I will need to move. This is to
: allow for a wall being removed and to make way for a hedge. For some of
the
: bushes I propose moving them by a couple of feet (probably about a dozen
in
: total) but for the rest I will be moving them to another part of my
garden.
: I know that moving them is risky, but I would like to try and save as many
: as I can. What can I do to have the best chance of succeeding? Should I be
: moving them at this time of the year?
:
: regards,
:
: David

Shouldn't be risky really. They will need digging out with as much root as
possible, pruned right back to a couple buds and planted very firmly with a
handful of bonemeal and some manure incorporated into each planting hole

Old 15-02-2005, 03:16 PM
David

Thanks, Robert. Had intended to make a start but heavy frost forecast so
I'll wait a couple of weeks!
regards,
David