Old 24-03-2005, 03:46 PM
ALS

Default annuals in pastel colours

Wanting some suggestions for this years annuals. I have a large formal
French garden with 8 long box beds down either side of a long water pond. I
usually plant about 2500 annuals in them. I like to plant in mass colours.
Last year I used all block red salvias, it looked beautiful

This year I would like to do a soft pastel theme combining purple and pink.
What annuals would be good for this. They need to grow about the same height
and fit neatly in the hedged boxes. The miniature hedges are about 20 cms
high.

Thanks for any ideas you all might have.

Ann

Old 24-03-2005, 06:11 PM
JennyC

"ALS" wrote in message
Wanting some suggestions for this years annuals. I have a large formal
French garden with 8 long box beds down either side of a long water pond. I
usually plant about 2500 annuals in them. I like to plant in mass colours.
Last year I used all block red salvias, it looked beautiful

This year I would like to do a soft pastel theme combining purple and pink.
What annuals would be good for this. They need to grow about the same height
and fit neatly in the hedged boxes. The miniature hedges are about 20 cms
high.

Thanks for any ideas you all might have.
Ann

Try looking at the following sites for ideas:
http://www.plangreen.com/plantsel.asp - search by colour etc

http://www.perennials.com/search.html - perennials, might be useful too

Jenny

Old 24-03-2005, 09:59 PM
ALS

"JennyC" wrote in message

"ALS" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for this. There are a couple hopefuls there. I am partial to purple
salvia but can't think of a pink that will match it in height. The trouble
is I get an idea of colours in my head and want to sick with it. I like to
change the theme each year. The type of garden we have was designed maybe
1920's and was originally formal with mass block colour.

Ann

Old 24-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Sacha

On 24/3/05 20:59, in article ,
"ALS" wrote:

snip I am partial to purple
salvia but can't think of a pink that will match it in height. The trouble
is I get an idea of colours in my head and want to sick with it. I like to
change the theme each year. The type of garden we have was designed maybe
1920's and was originally formal with mass block colour.

Try Salvia involucrata. It is what I would describe as a Schiaparelli pink.
Of course, it *might* be perennial with you. It is - just - here.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk