Old 13-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Brian

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Brian
--- writes

Tap water might be deficient~~ Try more of the original pond water.

Have
a large stone in the tank that protrudes above water level.
Remember that very,very few tadpoles do make it to maturity. Much
fewer than one per mass of spawn.

But that's more from predation than simply failing to grow, surely?
--
Kay

______________-
You are correct ~~ the numerical absolute is not related to their
potential for growth. Quite simply because frogs live for years then it is
only needed for them to reproduce, just themselves over those years,to
maintain a constant. The demise of the thousands of potetial frogs must have
many reasons.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 13-05-2005, 09:06 PM
ned

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Kay contains these words:

Fortunately, with a pond full of weed and 161 frogs, we still have

good supply of tadpoles.

LOL Kay..are you quite sure it wasn't 160 or 162? :-)

:-))
Yes, I always smile at the confidence of birdwatchers who report
seeing 2,749 greylag geese, plus 767 Brent geese on the marsh.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 10.05.2005

Old 13-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article , ned wrote:

Yes, I always smile at the confidence of birdwatchers who report
seeing 2,749 greylag geese, plus 767 Brent geese on the marsh.

Nah. They know. They just ask the little green men in flying
saucers how many there are, and the latter use their advanced
technology to count the birds.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 13-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article , ned
wrote:

Yes, I always smile at the confidence of birdwatchers who report
seeing 2,749 greylag geese, plus 767 Brent geese on the marsh.

Nah. They know. They just ask the little green men in flying
saucers how many there are, and the latter use their advanced
technology to count the birds.

Trouble is, the aluminium foil in their hats often scrambles the
transmissions and leads to false readings. Fortunately, technology
has found a way round this: a very large pair of nitrogen-filled
binoculars round the neck filters the shorter wavelengths, so you get
a more accurate read-out on your palm pilot. This works better if the
binoculars have a camouflage pattern to break up the infra-red
absorption.

--
Mike.

Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds 7 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds (alternative) 11 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Tadpoles, what to feed? K30a Ponds 2 06-05-2003 03:56 AM
Tadpoles eating my Water Lilys - Any suggestions? IKD Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Where the heck are the tadpoles? Sam Hopkins Ponds 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM