Old 13-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Alan Holmes

Default It's probably been asked before, but:-

Is it too early to plant out runner beans?

When can I put tomatoes out?

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 13-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Kay

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Is it too early to plant out runner beans?

It is here (Yorkshire). Plant them out after the last date that you
expect frost.

When can I put tomatoes out?

Ditto
--
Kay

Old 13-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Mike Lyle

Kay wrote:
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Is it too early to plant out runner beans?

It is here (Yorkshire). Plant them out after the last date that you
expect frost.

When can I put tomatoes out?

Ditto

Bit like setting the potatoes two weeks before the last frost.

--
Mike.

Old 13-05-2005, 11:58 PM
bruce

Kay wrote:
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Is it too early to plant out runner beans?

It is here (Yorkshire). Plant them out after the last date that you
expect frost.

When can I put tomatoes out?

Ditto

Latest recorded frost in Derbyshire is 20th May. So next weekend is
worth waiting for, especially after last weeks frost which severely
damaged my next door allotment holder's runners. Depends where you are
but they do not like frost...
Tomatoes the same.
Old 14-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:58:58 +0100, bruce
wrote:

Kay wrote:
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Is it too early to plant out runner beans?

It is here (Yorkshire). Plant them out after the last date that you
expect frost.

When can I put tomatoes out?

Ditto

Latest recorded frost in Derbyshire is 20th May. So next weekend is
worth waiting for, especially after last weeks frost which severely
damaged my next door allotment holder's runners. Depends where you are
but they do not like frost...
Tomatoes the same.

2 years ago we had frost in the last week of May, here in Bristol/Bath
area. Guy on neighbouring allotment had planted out about 24 tomato
plants and gone on holiday. He lost the lot.
I wait until end of May and then see what the forecasters are saying
then.

Pam in Bristol

Old 14-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Mike Lyle
writes
Kay wrote:
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Is it too early to plant out runner beans?

It is here (Yorkshire). Plant them out after the last date that you
expect frost.

When can I put tomatoes out?

Ditto

Bit like setting the potatoes two weeks before the last frost.

I put runner beans out last week and just covered them up with fleece
for the last few nights, they seem perfectly happy.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph