Old 19-02-2003, 05:11 AM
Mon

Default Pieris Forest Flame looking sad

Hi,
I wonder if I should be worried about my pieris, whose last-year growth is
drooping significantly? The older leaves are normal, and although there are
few flowers on it, last year was the only year in about 12 when there were
significant amounts of flower. It is in a very large raised bed, with
lime-free soil, good drainage, and the soil seems moist to the touch. We had
a very mild autumn and winter, only a few frosty days.
Any advice welcome.
MON

Old 19-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Mon
writes
Hi,
I wonder if I should be worried about my pieris, whose last-year growth is
drooping significantly? The older leaves are normal, and although there are
few flowers on it, last year was the only year in about 12 when there were
significant amounts of flower. It is in a very large raised bed, with
lime-free soil, good drainage, and the soil seems moist to the touch. We had
a very mild autumn and winter, only a few frosty days.

But what about now? Aren't you getting the current frosts? That is
enough to make it look unhappy.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/
Old 20-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Mon

Kay Easton wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Kay, there is a little frost in the air all right. Maybe I'm
expecting it to look chirpy too early. There's no sign of new foliage though
the 'buds' seem to be there. It has put its head 'over the parapet' by
growing higher than the sheltering wall. Maybe that's the problem.
Marie