GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's Eating My Laurels? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/94605-whats-eating-my-laurels.html)

Mary Burns 23-05-2005 02:52 PM

What's Eating My Laurels?

Laurels, every leaf has been chewed.
How can I prevent?

Thank you all.

Charlie Pridham 24-05-2005 09:06 AM

"Mary Burns" wrote in message
Laurels, every leaf has been chewed.
How can I prevent?

Thank you all.

Could be vine weevil adults, they make notches. could be leaf cutter bees
which do similar. I am not aware that there is anything you can do about it
:~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Spider 24-05-2005 11:58 AM

Mary Burns wrote in message
Laurels, every leaf has been chewed.
How can I prevent?

Thank you all.

Hi Mary,

Which 'laurel' are you growing? the true laurel, Laurus nobilis (the Sweet
Bay, culinary) or one of the Prunus-family 'laurels' (deadly!)?

Spider

Klara 24-05-2005 12:07 PM

In message , Spider
writes
Which 'laurel' are you growing? the true laurel, Laurus nobilis (the
Sweet Bay, culinary) or one of the Prunus-family 'laurels' (deadly!)?

Deadly they may be, but something eats our laurel hedge too. From the
pattern, I thought it might be vine weevil :-(((

--
Klara, Gatwick basin