What's Eating My Laurels?

Old 23-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Mary Burns

Default What's Eating My Laurels?

Laurels, every leaf has been chewed.
How can I prevent?

Thank you all.

Old 24-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Mary Burns" wrote in message
Laurels, every leaf has been chewed.
How can I prevent?

Thank you all.

Could be vine weevil adults, they make notches. could be leaf cutter bees
which do similar. I am not aware that there is anything you can do about it
:~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 24-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Spider

Mary Burns wrote in message
Laurels, every leaf has been chewed.
How can I prevent?

Thank you all.

Hi Mary,

Which 'laurel' are you growing? the true laurel, Laurus nobilis (the Sweet
Bay, culinary) or one of the Prunus-family 'laurels' (deadly!)?

Spider

Old 24-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Klara

In message , Spider
writes
Which 'laurel' are you growing? the true laurel, Laurus nobilis (the
Sweet Bay, culinary) or one of the Prunus-family 'laurels' (deadly!)?

Deadly they may be, but something eats our laurel hedge too. From the
pattern, I thought it might be vine weevil :-(((

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Fish Stopped Eating jrio Ponds 8 01-09-2004 10:02 PM
Fish Stopped Eating jrio Ponds 0 29-08-2004 10:34 PM
critters keep eating my tomatoes fantabular Gardening 6 16-04-2003 06:56 PM
Eating Organics Cuts Kids' Pesticide Loads Tom Jaszewski Gardening 6 03-02-2003 02:59 PM
Mice eating crocus Jeffery United Kingdom 9 05-12-2002 06:08 PM