Old 21-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Fredgibson

Default Drooping Helleborus

Ours are the same in this frosty weather, but soon pick up with a spell of
sun.
"Pete The Gardener" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:28:38 -0000, "Jack" wrote:

I have two helleborus orientalis whose stems have gone very limp, soft

and
droopy. We've had a lot of hard frost recently, but I thought these

plants
didn't mind that. The plants were looking fine until 3 days ago.

I recently cut off all the leaves because they had hellebore fungus on

the
leaves, but the stems do not seem to be affected with the fungus. But

now
that the the stems are drooping, perhaps the whole plant is doomed?

Any ideas?

You haven't got slug damage have you?
--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.

Old 22-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Jack

Yes, I went out today in the glorious spring-like weather, and the
hellebores had perked up considerably. It was obviously the frosty weather
that had them looking so sad!

Regards