Old 26-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Rab Simpson

Default Concrete mix

Anyone know what materials I need to mix approx 1 cubic mtr concrete for
strip found.

Rab the ranter.

Old 26-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Grunff

Rab Simpson wrote:
Anyone know what materials I need to mix approx 1 cubic mtr concrete for
strip found.

Approximately a dumpy bag of ballast, 10 bags of portland
cement, plenty of water, a cement mixer, and a long day.

--
Grunff

Old 26-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Stuart Meier

Cormaic (he of this list!) to the rescue:

http://www.pavingexpert.com/concmix1.html. First select your mix....

Looks to me like you will want nearly TWO tonne bags of ballast, and the 10
bags of cement. So, as Grunff would say a VERY long day. (In fact, I did tow
tonne bags worth of strip filling in roughly 3 very very hard hours, on me
tod, running with the barra.)

--
Stuart

Old 26-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Rab Simpson

"Grunff" wrote in message
Rab Simpson wrote:
Anyone know what materials I need to mix approx 1 cubic mtr concrete

for
strip found.

Approximately a dumpy bag of ballast, 10 bags of portland
cement, plenty of water, a cement mixer, and a long day.

--
Grunff

Thanks guys, my first flush of youth is long gone so I will probably take
about three days but I have plenty of time anyway.

There are steps in it anyway so I can always do it a step at a time &
overlap each step by a bit for the joins.

What proportions cement, sand, chips do I use for each mix in a 25 litre
mixer.

Cheers, Rab.

Old 26-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Stuart

Stuart Meier wrote in message
Cormaic (he of this list!) to the rescue:

http://www.pavingexpert.com/concmix1.html. First select your mix....

Looks to me like you will want nearly TWO tonne bags of ballast, and the

10
bags of cement. So, as Grunff would say a VERY long day. (In fact, I did

tow
tonne bags worth of strip filling in roughly 3 very very hard hours, on me
tod, running with the barra.)

--
Stuart

yep you win the prize,

1metre cubed of concretre wieghs approx 350 stone [1] which is approx 2.2
ton, using a 1:6 mixture would give 50 stone of cement (13 * 25kg bags) +
1.9ton of ag ( 2 dumpys)

[1] based on 10 stone per cubic foot

stuart.

interested in the outcome of the premiership check out my DIY javaScript
http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/top4/

Old 27-02-2003, 08:48 AM

"Rab Simpson" rabtheranter wrote in message
. ..
Anyone know what materials I need to mix approx 1 cubic mtr concrete for
strip found.

My choice would be one ready mixed lorry load delivered to site.

Colin Bignell