Old 02-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Scale insects routed.

I thought I'd share the good news - found my avocado sapling was
infected - infested with scale insects and not wanting them to find
their way on to other plants, drastic action was called-for.

Not having the usual meths to hand, on Monday I placed a sheet of
newspaper behind the plant (as a reflector) and sprayed it with (Sybol)
aerosol insecticide.

Today I pulled a few of the little 'limpets' off and examined them
through a watchmaker's eyeglass, and inside, they were all
shrivelled-up, or degrading into goo.

The things scrape off now with a piece of cardboard, or a damp rag.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/