Old 05-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Welsh Witch

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:45:34 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

Welsh Witch wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:44:53 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

[...]
Wow, what a wonderful display! I won't say "Blessed be", since you
obviously blessed _are_ !

*******************************
Thankyou:-)
You are right thte desplay is marvellous and the perfume amazing

what
really gets me down when I try to photograph the things I see

before
me the camera obviously doesn't see the same as I do. I suppose I should
have something other than a digital camera with a different lens?
*********************************

I doubt if it's the camera or the lens: great photographers can use
depressingly simple equipment. The camera really _does_ see things
differently, because it hasn't got a brain processing the information.
Practice is the only way. When working with children on seeing nature, I
used to get them to look through little frames and tubes to get different
views -- amazing how a cardboard frame can make a view into a picture, or
a loo-roll tube can turn your eye into a telescope or a microscope! I'd
guess photography trainers use the same sorts of tricks -- and I know they
use plain white sheets of stuff as reflectors to bring light into places
we don't even realise are shaded because the brain fills in the missing
detail, but which look murky when our pictures come back.

Some good ideas there! I've been trying a video, but got quite dizzy:-)
Practice is surely the answer. My partner's father ws an expert
photographer but unfortunately like dot take photographs of rusty garages
and pickled tramps (yes...Diogenes!)

Rhapsody in Blue Martin Gardening 0 01-07-2005 09:23 AM
Rhapsody in Blue Martin Roses 2 01-07-2005 04:45 AM