Old 20-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Tom Atkinson

Default Mandevilla Cuttings

I wonder if Charlie Pridham (or others)
could advise me of the best way to take cuttings of Mandevilla-bottom heat ?
Tom Atkinson

Old 20-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Tom Atkinson" wrote in message
I wonder if Charlie Pridham (or others)
could advise me of the best way to take cuttings of Mandevilla-bottom heat

?
Tom Atkinson

Well I do use bottom heat although there are frequently many different ways
of achieving the end result.
I do nodal cuttings discarding the very soft tips and use hormone powder as
a sealer for the bottoms when first cut to prevent the milky sap leaking out
as it slows rooting.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 22-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Tom Atkinson

thanks
I have taken some cuttings and have put them in a propagator with bottom
heat. I haven't covered them in any way.
Should I ?
Tom Atkinson

Old 23-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Charlie Pridham

[...]

I would keep the humidity up, whether you mist or cover is up to you.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Mandevilla A. Du pont from 02 - Mandevilla A. du pont-908F.JPG joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 0 24-02-2011 05:26 PM
Mandevilla Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 09-04-2009 06:35 AM
mandevilla advice NAearthMOM Gardening 2 29-05-2003 03:08 PM
Mandevilla problems Ray Hartley Gardening 0 07-04-2003 08:20 PM
Mandevilla gruber Texas 2 05-04-2003 11:09 AM