Old 08-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Coops666 Coops666 is offline
Registered User

Default Bamboo Issues

Hello,

Last year I was given 6 bamboo plants (don`t ask me what variety as i haven't a clue). They range was about 3 metres high with yellow canes to ones that are about a metre high with large bush leaves.

This year I have re-potted them into 28inch Diameter Oak Barrels and i must say they look very impressive.

4 of them I have re-potted in a multi purpose compost and they are shooting well this week alone I have 7 new shoots appear on one of the plants.

Yesterday I have re-potted the final one but I used a peat free compost which i`ve never used before - seems very fine. my question is will the bamboo be ok plant in peat free compost?

Also over the past month on some of the bamboo the leaves are starting to go brown, I have read this is a natural thing where by the leaves die off ready for new leaf growth?

Since the re-potting I am feeding with a high Nitrogen feed to support leave and root growth in the spring months.

Any advice would be great.
Thank you

Coops